ZBrushCentral

Hi all, I'm Cesar Dacol Jr. The Voodoo Monkey and Zbrush 3 is Art!

Hi All.
My name is Cesar Dacol Jr. Aka, The Voodoo Monkey.
Until recently I was the modeling supervisor at Meteor Studios in Montreal Canada, where we worked on features films like 300 and Journey 3d.

A small move to the sunny south and I’m now transplanted to Santa Monica California where I am a Facial animation consultant and in house Demo Artist at Image Metrics.

I’ve been using Zbrush for the last 4 years and have had the pleasure of being on the beta testing team from the very beginning.

I can safely say that Zbrush 3 has surpassed all of our wildest expectations.

There’s so many amazing new features… from transpose to sculpting using HD with almost limitless polygons, which will definitely change the face of digital sculpting for ever.

Zbrush 2 started the revolution and Zbrush 3 picks up the ball. Production lines must be evaluated again, you will never work the same way.

I can’t wait for you all to experience the force that Zbrush 3 is on may 15th.

Zbrush 3 is ART.

So here are some samples of some fun I had with Zbrush 3.
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

![flathead_new06.jpg|1028x957](upload://48BwtK1aMzZ83tmENYGBAT3N0mh.jpeg)![flathead_new07.jpg|1028x957](upload://b9Ho0VPtyE16L7CAq5labbjyBT7.jpeg)![jordan2.jpg|640x480](upload://5laHZGXXAPhlmDr6rMfjzqWnD2K.jpeg)![mikey4.jpg|900x675](upload://gJjVJZeL74nAHcYQ0nnZsJfvwAx.jpeg)![beauty.jpg|640x480](upload://ArJoJIzopsQP3Rhr6H312hOyNlN.jpeg)![Cruch_lineUp.jpg|1000x446](upload://lUnzVIZ2SLLWrBHoQ0fnvS5FzRE.jpeg)![BeastWeb2.jpg|800x600](upload://3Krgid7NIll9AzrHb62wDWodmOv.jpeg)![clay4.jpg|1100x734](upload://6RDdMJtpGm5Q60o2UVxghyFn6wu.jpeg)![beauty2.jpg|640x480](upload://3vHjngc8KiiW1mo6qU46u4RFRNF.jpeg)![z3.jpg|960x669](upload://1EyYCzp1Y5UK9hwXHInpbpWVO78.jpeg)![icon3.jpg|100x76](upload://dgvacdHdwaAT8S2e4IuUC07xhec.jpeg)

Attachments

clay4.jpg

Wonderful character studies. Wonderful !

Amazing character designs!

Love the alien with the ‘pushed in’ face.

The first guy is simply amazing!!!

Man, fantastic work, congratulations, your characther are very, very charismatic!! I love this old guy! Cant wait till may 15th!!:slight_smile:

Moochie, Thanks… I’m having a blast doing them.

Marsyas, Glad you like him.

Lil’sister, I’m a fan of your work so this means much to me.

Dalton_Muniz, You will have a fantastic time only a short wait now.

Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Voodoomonkey- Your work speaks for itself. You among the rest of the testers really out did yourself. Thanks for sharing you insights on zb3 and can’t imagine the limitless polygon aspect. Also would like to take the time to say thanks for your zclassroom material like all the rest in the zclassroom it has really helped me a ton and is great material! Will be watching for more of your works :+1: :+1: !

Nice renders!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Are these brown people rendered using the same red shaders I saw on other people’s works? What is that shader? Somekind of SSS?

The old man head (first one) is by far the best…in terms of details…the rest however, are extremely nice as well!

Awesome. Thats as far as i go before i sound like a fan boy. haha

Hi Cesar,
more one brazilian good,
congratulations, are very nice works

Amazing true good work ! The old man is my favourite ! Should be cool to see an animated version of him !

I’m assuming, since these are beta images from ZB3, that they were all created in ZBrush 3 only…no imported base meshes? The reason I ask is that the woman has the tear ducts in, and so far I’ve not seen much of this in ZBrush models. If this was ZB3 only, then I am excited. Getting a tiny detail like that to look so smooth has not been easy for me.

Hi Cesar! I will count the days!:slight_smile:
Man, only now I became to know that you are brazilian, amazing surprise!
No suprise is that your work rocks!!
Abraços!

Beautifull Women, Aliens, and people… such diversity, and all of them so good looking.

Standing ovation!

Hey Cesar,

It was a privilege to see these take shape, they are some of my favorite sculpts I’ve seen yet. Glad you included that guy with the bug eyes too! I’m counting down the days until May 15th… can’t wait to sculpt some killer rocks with all these new features! :lol:

AngelJ, Thanks for the kind words… they mean allot to me and yes you will enjoy Z3.

feureau, No it’s another material… it’s made to look like the clay Chavant.

SolidSnakexxx, Thanks and yes the old head does have more details, I also spent the most time on him. I have many other things I created over the past months that I’m awaiting client OK to post here.
Most of these were done in my spare time as was the same with almost all the Beta testers.

brettSinclair, Ha, ha, ha… fanboy ^_-

Tatu, Brasil in the house!

gpepper, Indeed.

Slosh, the tear ducts are created in Z3.

Dalton_Muniz, Thank you for the kind words, I hope to return one of these days to Brasil… I really miss it.
Just have to find work for me so that I can support my family.

Plakkie, Thank you for noticing that. It was important for me to try all kinds of sculpting. I wanted to really push that side things. I was very impressed.
There’s nothing that I can’t throw at it. It is an amazing tool, Zbrush 3 is ART.

Hey Clay (Metric),
How the heck are you?
Thanks for the kind words, You know how much of a fan I am of your work.
You always did me proud, it was a pleasure working with you.
Hopefully you learned a few things from this old guy.
I can’t wait to see what you create with Z3.

Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Exquisite characters rendered in milk chocolate. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I can’t wait to get my hands on one. Voodoo your work is outstanding keep it up.

=) you rock at art!