ZBrushCentral

christopher reeve / superman

Hi! After a long time with the model forgotten I took it back, now is finished.
I wanted this model to be in between the real actor and the superman from the comic books.
I also have post some captures of the model.

Cheers

David.

[attach=62410]Supermanlast.jpg[/attach]

superman.jpg

Attachments

superman03.jpg

superman02.jpg

Supermanlast.jpg

1 Like

Great work! Proffesional and inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Very nice!!! You nailed his likeness. Was this sculpt created entirely in ZBrush?

Very good likeness. I like it alot. :slight_smile:

Really excellent model!!! nice proportions and muscular structure!

Very nice attention to detail. Love the stretching and wrinkles in the suite.

i rarely comment,because since the launch of Zb3 i think there’s no reason on comment,and because any work as touched me to comment,but this…this is just perfect…really…one of the best work i have ever seen…and i dont even like superman…but its perfect 15 out of 10 =)

Very nice, makes me kind of sad though.

the muscle form and weight are really great…
nice work

Looks great.

Only thing is the back… his suit “indents” to show form along his spine… which would likely only happen in such an extreme way if it was glued to his body.

Otherwise, stretchy fabric generally finds the the quickest point between A and B, which is a straight line, thus removing the indent (unless it’s also being stretched and pulled inward from the top to bottom/other directions).

Anyway, looks great, just something to consider. :slight_smile:

You’ve done a great job overall making the fabric look stretchy!

Very well done- I like the model better then the final render… but I love them both.

nice! really inspires. And i liked that half-movie half-comic look, came out really well.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks for the comments, and nice words!

The Cheshire Cat: Thanks you!

Jaidek: Is not completely sculpt in zbrush imported from Max a very basic model.

kyphur: Thanks a lot!

stalsby: Thanks! Was a good anatomy practice.

Agent00J: Thanks! I really like wrinkles on the clothing, I think gives a mode natural looking

ricardo_sousa11: Thank you man! I really appreciate it!

jaystein: Thanks, I decided to do superman because of that as well.

Kupo: thanks you mate!

zerodean: Thanks for the comments! you are right I didn’t use any reference for the wrinkles or the stretching I made it just like I would like to see it, so I’m sure are not real at all. About the form along his spine I know it should more flat, I agree! I just though looks cool that way. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

comic_craig: Thanks, I like the model better than the render as well.

Thanks everyone!!!

munozvelazquez.

Hi!

After all the comments I did a small update of the render that shows a bit better the model.

Cheers,

David

[attach=62411]Supermanlast.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Supermanlast.jpg

Great work! Really extravagantly cool! :+1:
His nose looks a bit weird though, almost as if compressed by some invisible clamp.

highlander_72: nose fixed, for some reason on the render I left the occlusion map on… I took the layer off. Thanks a lot!

The new render is outstanding! Great Son of Krypton!!! Great Ceasar’s Ghost!

Hi ! Great likeness!! my only critic i the body , he looks over the weight, a little fat,anyway great work!!

Alex Oliver

Stunning! one question maybe, what did you use to do the render?

willbrown1: Thanks man! I appreciate it

alexleia: Thank you! He looks a bit fatter but I though he should look less “perfect”. And he needs run instead to fly that much :slight_smile:

abe_Tamazir:
For the rendering I have used Max and Vray, then I composed each layer on Photoshop, layers like reflections, occlusion, colour corrections etc…

Thanks every one!

David