I want to incorporate in very basic tutorial im planning to made related to:
a.-Showactions
b.-Pointer

Andreseloy

no help here?
Thanks anyway
Andreseloy

Hey,

Are you are talking about the ability to have Notes point to an interface item being discussed? If so, that’s a problem for the moment since it’s broken in the first release of ZB3. For example, all of my old plugin help file notes have become disconnected.

I’m hopeful this gets fixed in the update.

As for ShowActions? Just include one of two versions of the command line that goes:

[IShowActions, 1 ] // which turns show actions on
[IShowActions, 0 ] // which turns show actions off.
Simple. :slight_smile:

Sven

Thanks Sven for take your busy time to answer: my head was to explode because i cant do pointer to work, but can you show me the command for it to play with it in Z2?
Show actions is not working for me, at least for the first of two consecutive zscript.
Thanks
Andreseloy

This comes right from the The ZScript Command Reference under the section named “Displaying Messages”. In ZBrush2, I believe you can used the interface item code in this place (which you can find in the Preferences> Utilities > User Window ID.)

For instance, to connect a pointer between your note and the AAHalf button, you could use the path and name (Zoom:AA Half) or just the User Window ID ( 4614 ), and place it between the 2nd and 3rd comma.

If you are inserting a lot of pointers, you can just drag the Preferences>Utilities>User Window Id onto your interface. I keep one there all the time. Then just cursor over the interface item you need a code for and it will appear.

[Note,Message,
Optional path of an interface item to be pointed out. (default=none),
Display Duration (in seconds) (zero=default=wait for user action, -1=combine with next note command),
Popup background color. (blue + (green256) + (red65536) ) (default=96+(96256)+(9665536)),
Preferred distance of the note from the specified interface item (default=48),
Preferred Note width (in pixels, default=400)
Optional marked windows fill color,
Frame horizontal size (1=default=item width),
Frame vertical size (1=default=item height),
Frame left side (0=default=left, .5=center, 1=right),
Frame top (0=default=top, .5=center, 1=bottom),
Optional icon file name]
Output: if the note has NoteIButtons, the index value of the button pressed, otherwise 0.
Displays a note to the user.

Tip: Insert a hard line break into the Message by typing the special characters

See FontSetColor for an explanation of changing text color within a Note. If the path to an item is specified, the note is displayed with a pointer indicating that item. By default an orange rectangle is drawn around the borders of the item. This rectangle can be adjusted using the Frame horizontal size, Frame vertical size, Frame left side and Frame top. This is especially useful for pointing out items on the canvas (Item ID number 1004). Each value is expressed as a fraction of the item's width/height. If Marked windows fill color is specified, this rectangle is filled with a translucent color.

The pointer functionality is so important to effective tutorials I am confident that the update will fix this problem.

Sven

p.s. The show action command reference says this:

[IShowActions, show actions?]
Temporarily sets the status of Show Actions during ZScript playback

You can control whether actions are shown for certain blocks of ZScript code, regardless of the status of the ZScript:Show Actions button. Setting Show Actions? to 0 turns it off; setting to a positive number turns it on, and setting to a negative number resets to the status of the Show Actions button. IShowActions is especially useful when building tutorial ZScripts. You may perform a series of actions which might confuse novice users or distract from the central point of the tutorial, and this provides a way of suppressing highlighting and animation during playback.