ZBrushCentral

Wayne Williams ZBrush 3.0 Sculpts

Heya folks.
Haven’t posted any work here in quite some time so figured I’d go ahead and post what i’ve been working on the last couple weeks in my spare time. I will try to continously update this thread with new works as I’ve got quite a few sculpts planned for the next several weeks.
capz13.jpg

Attachments

capz14.jpg

Fantastic sculpt of Captain America. Will he be painted?

Even though I post my image using the method outlined in this thread:
http://www.pixolator.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=46836&highlight=thumbnail+bottom
I still don’t see a thumbnail of my image in the second row. Also, when I select the option to have the image in my post…all I ever get are the two thumbnail icons at the bottom of the thread so I had to manually my pics in the thread? How do I get a thumbnail of my work in the 2nd row up top?

Nice work, how’d you get the scales on the shirt to line up so nicely?

one at a time! So anyone know how to get my pic up on the 2nd row? Using winxp 64bit and firefox. Is that a bad combo?

Paste the ATT code of one of the thumbnail images you uploaded , into your post.

Should show up in the row then.

Nice work btw.

You need to make sure the ATT code is in your post for the image to appear and have a thumbnail. Like this:

[ ATT = 60785 ]capz13.jpg[ /ATT ]

(I’ve added spaces so the code above won’t work)

ATN code means there will be NO thumbnail

Love your Cap’n America! I can’t wait to see more from you! Awesome work.

Very nice work dude. Can’t help you there buddy. I’m having the same problem. Here’s my link anyway, if you have a time to look at it.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=47308

Again great work. Can’t wait to see it colored.

Cheers!

wow!!! great!! congratulations

Alex Oliver

very nice, wayniac. :slight_smile:

some small crits (or things you might consider)…

• fingers need a bit more form to show a strong hand (guessing you haven’t
    really touched them yet, aside from posing them)

• the shorts strike me as a bit like gym-shorts…not super-hero tighties :smiley:
    (maybe it’s the wrinkles in the crotch, or just that they feel ‘thick’)

• belt buckle seems perhaps too simplistic

• general folds are really great, but maybe a bit thick giving the overall feel
    of the material an almost wetsuit thickness (or maybe this is cap’s cold-weather
    tights. :wink: )

Anyhow, these are small niggles (except the hands), and overall you’ve done
a really great job!

cheers.

WailingMonkey

Thanks for the crits. I think his clothing is a bit thick but I kind of like the way it’s turning out…like a leathery style suit instead of the typical cloth. I got a crit from another guy about pouches and stuff on his belt and the more I look at it…the more I think the pouches might actually work well. I still have so much to do on the guy and already getting bored with him :o I think the scales on his upper torso just killed my creativity :slight_smile: I’ll see what I can do to get this guy to completion.

Personally I love your version. Though I like the spandex versions of CA, I think the thicker materials you are going with gives hima more classic look and feel. He fought the Nazis originally in a time when spandex didn’t really exist, so those were more like hemmed denim shorts or like you said even a leathery material. Your version the clothes don’t seem like painted skin to me. and btw Love the scale works on his upper costume. He always had a pretty boy image, but yours is a bit girttier with attitude…eg I love the direction you have taken him. I too, am anxious to see him painted.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Good job!

It really needs some paint, it doesn’t look that detailed at first glance but the more you look at it the more you appriciated the details like the thickness of the clothes and wrinkles

Small update. Added some pouches, moved his ears up a tad and slapped the star on his chest.
capz16.jpg

Attachments

capz15.jpg

This is nice. I especially like the textural treatment of the shirt and mask. One crit is that the left thigh, the raised leg, seems much less massive than the right.

Keep up the good work!

He looks awesome! Great work.

Nice work Wayne. The hands look a little weak compared to the rest of the character.

It will be a nice to see the colour version.

Good going.

Awesome! It is looking badass, Cap would be proud R.I.P. :cry:
Seriously, I hope to see it finished. :+1:

Very nice sculpt! He is coming along quite nicely. I do agree with Elixer, the hands need some extra form and detailing to bring them up to the quality level of the rest of the model.

Killer job on the scales!

Keep it up! :smiley: