ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/A couple Zbrush 3 samples - Joe Lee

My name is Joe Lee and I am a senior artist at Edge of Reality. I’ve owned Zbrush since version 1.23 and boy, has it come a long way to say the least.

I have to also say the biggest noticeable joy was the ability to move so many polys around with much more fluidity. 

Subtools and layers make it possible to control the detail of your creation like never before. Transpose enables you to not only to pose models but to modify sculpts. The retopology feature is nice to have readily available should the need arise as well.

Here are a couple of experiments using multiple subtools. 
 The Hair study was a test to use subtools of zsphere chains to create locks of hair.The zsphere lends itself particularly well to posing and twisting for such results. 
The Raptor head was a study to try to reach for a woodcarving feel.    The MatCap material helps present this test as well with the aid of an imported polished wood sample.
 <!--[attach=53878]birdBeta_Composite2.jpg[/attach]-->

:large_orange_diamond: See the Bird of Prey Tutorial in Here

There's still so much more for me to devote more time to but I think it's safe to say, there is plenty opportunity to be both 

productive and creative with this release of Zbrush. 

I am grateful to Pixologic for this opportunity.

jelee!<!--[attachment-6.jpg|960x720](upload://fZWKp78CQlJMqNBRYSFWsZpE31V.jpeg)

Attachments

attachment-6.jpg

Awesome detail!

I love the girl. Very classic work with nice solution for the hair. The eagle is just mind-blowing! This tutorial will set a new record when released! :slight_smile:

Keep rocking,
-Kris

The woman is just a superhero! Real look of beauty and confidence. The eagle…I’m just having to duct tape my jaw from dropping from all this awesome ZB3 work. Thanks!

Jelee- Thanks for sharing, your images are inspiring to say the very least, great display of work and creativity.:+1: :+1:

Wow! This is gonna make my miniature sculpting so much easier. :slight_smile:

Love the hair! Great idea!

Amazing. Is that hair on the eagle (specially the bottom part) separate meshes ‘projected’ onto the tool or somekind?

Beautiful sculpts! The eagle is just amazing!

Wow, this is amazing! I especially like the hair…

WOW! WOW!! WOW!!!

I LOVE that girls… I’m stunned by the eagle. Can’t wait for you to tell and show us more…

Wow, great great job Joe ! The eagle is amazing ! I am very interested in how you did the feathers !

Amazing job on both models. However the detail on that bird is outstanding! I’ve got goosebumps. How the hell did you do that?!

What an incredible turn out of artwork from some of the most dedicated and talented artists I have ever seen gathered! The work here just inspires to no end.

Hey Marsyas- I just have to first say that Mama Ogre of yours still makes me smile even today. Thank you. I think you will really enjoy ZBrush 3.0

Antropus- What can I say except I can’t imagine the beta testing without your contributions. Your work is nothing short of inspirational. I’m beginning to wonder if you and Alex Oliver ever sleep. Sculpt on, Zbrother.

AgentSmith- I appreciate your compliments. Thank you.

AngelJ- I’m grateful to hear the images are inspiring. I have to say the new tools allow you to realize new creations unlike anything before.

Crusoe the Painter- That’s great you are using it for miniature sculpting. You’re going to love it then.

DigitalDreamer and SolidSnakexxx- Thank you both.

Feureau, Plakkie, Gpepper, Jadetiger- Thank you. As Kris hinted above, there is a tutorial of the process for the eagle that is in Pixologic’s possession that explains things in more detail than I will here. I will say that there are multiple subtools, use of layers, use of the new projection brush (you are not too far off Feureau), along with a handful of custom feather alphas. You will have a much easier time getting this kind of result than I did first time around as I hope to spare you from my mistakes.

It won’t be much longer guys. Thanks again.

~joe

Yes indeed the detail on the chocolate eagle is stunning.
Both are superb.

Nice work :slight_smile:
Love both of them,… please continue posting more pictures
Especially like the eagle one…

My pregnant wife immediatly saw a chocolate eagle.
Awesome work.

great works of art, i love the feel to all of them and the raptor is absolutly stunning, oh now i want zbrush3 this minute!

the raptor is realy well done, great work with the feathers.

Lovely work, just beautiful and the detailing of the feathers, would you share that with us?

Boozy Floozie, your creative imagination is matched only by your refreshingly charming artwork. Now I can only see a chocolate eagle! :smiley: Thank you for posting.

Erikals- Thank you very much, I’ll try to get at least one more image out.

Wyatt- That is too funny. Tell your wife I’m sorry it’s not a dark chocolate eagle since it has more anti-oxidants. Thank you.

Yari Jindou and Threetails- I appreciate the compliments. I also feel like we have hardly unlocked the secrets of this program. It’s capable of so much.

Vedanta- I promise the upcoming tutorial should answer a lot of your questions in more detail but in the meantime, here’s just a quick breakdown of the subtools present. It should hopefully give you some ideas for your potential projects while we wait for the final version of ZB3.

Thanks again for the compliments.

~joe

*material by Ralf Stumpf

:large_orange_diamond:ADDED BY MODERATOR: See the Bird of Prey Tutorial in Here