ZBrushCentral

Recall_Info - plug-in for Zbrush2 & Zbrush3

Recall_Info is an un-released, gereral purpose plugin, I did for Zbrush2, and it still works for Zbrush3.
There have been no substantial changes since ZB2, so there no accounting for SubTools, the Transpose Tool or other ZB3 features.

Recall_Info stores Tool information as data sets.
Every data set stores Transform, Alpha, Material, and Texture information.
You may Add upto 10 data sets, and any part of a data set can be turned on or off.

To use Recall select a 3D object, and goto Edit mode. Now you can Add data sets by pressing the “Add” button.
Recall any part or all of a set by pressing “Recall Info”.
If you have “Auto Recall” enabled, you can just use the “Recall” Slider.
The Recall Modifiers panel has toggles for what part of a data set is used when a set is Recalled.
You can Delete data sets with the “Del” button.
You can Overwrite a set with the “Update Cur” button.

:large_orange_diamond: What various things can you do with Recall?
By default, only the Transform modifiers are on. (Position, Scale, Rotation)
In this state, you can rotate your model, while in Edit mode, and Recall whatever rotation you had it on before.
If you are placing additional tools, you can toggle certain axis on or off for alignment to a previous position.
You can match the scale of another Tool, or just a single axis.
With the non-transform toggles on (Alpha, Material, Texture), you can have your favorite Tools settings at your fingertips.
Go back and forth with your favorite Alpha brushes, or match the Texture/Material of another Tool.

Download Recall_Info plug-in [http://www.mediabakers.com/files/Recall_Info.zip](http://www.mediabakers.com/files/Recall_Info.zip)

cool, this is gonna be quite useful to me. Thanks!

Hey Game Master 770,

Thanks for giving me the heads up about this tool! It is very handy!! I am currently using it to store my camera positions. However, I am getting a dialogue box saying “position is outside of canvas” almost everytime I recall. I just have to click to acknowledge and it recalls perfectly. Any ideas whats causing this or how to disable the popup?

Thanks!

Very few are using this tool, so I havn’t gotten much feedback. If you are using it for camera angles, you are only working with rotation, so you could simply disable position and scale. See if that solves your problem. Otherwise, if you can help me reproduce the problem, I can fix it.

Hey Game Master 770,

Thanks for the reply. I tried storing just rotations and I do not get the popup anymore. However for recalling camera’s, rotation isn’t enough - you need position (framing), rotation (angle) and scale (zoom). Here is what I am doing to recreate the popup:

1. Load Super Average Man.
  2. Frame full body. Add a recall. Be sure everything is on except Alpha, Mat, and Txtr.
  3. Zoom into face area. Rotate to suit. Add a recall.
  4. Frame backside of hands. Add a recall.
  5. Recall Recall 1. You may or may not get “position outside of canvas” on the first recall.
  6. Recall Recall 2. You should now get the popup.
  7. Recall Recall 3. You should now get the popup.
Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks,

I can’t remember why I added that warning in there, but both ZB2 and 3 don’t seem to be bothered by the issue. It might be there just so somebody knows they are moving the canvas in a large way. Either way, I disabled the warning, and updated the link.

v1.01 - Added Features

• Removed “position is outside of canvas” warning.
  • Added version info to Help text.

Hey Game Master 770,

Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it! I went to download the update, but it looks like the version from 06/07/2007 is still up there. Is there a different link for the update?

Also, do you know if there is any way to store the recalls in the .ztl file?

Thanks!

Awesome!! This plugin makes mapping highres details and shadows great fun,(I’m new to zbrush so I don’t know zbrush2’s zmapper cavitty stuff).

I use it to store camera angle of my models at highlevel subd then I save those shots as bmps ,import them as background image and using the new
Zproject tool along with the Clear Offset plugin(another cool little one) I just drunkenly paint all those details on my lowlevel subd model!!

The ONLY thing I would dare dream see you implement is just a way to save those shots EXTERNALLY and be able to load them later on
(or as Jaidek suggest in the .zlt).

Because each time I need to reinit ZB3 (for the few times it’s incredible stability and efficency get shook up by godly powers),I need to start making those shots all over again!!!

Since you already made all the plugin,I guess it’s would’t be that hard to implement such a feature.

Anyway,Thanks! you make Zbrush a better place to Z!

Jaidek, somehow you are getting a cached version, since I just dl’ed and installed directly from the link, and it’s fine.

Christian Michelin, I would have to store everything externally to a text file, since ZTL files are not an open format, and don’t store any custom data, as far as I know of. It’s tricky since I also store Alpha/Material/Texture, and there is no guarantee that the originals are loaded, saved to files, or in the same spots, so they would have to be saved and reloaded. Maybe I’ll make a version that just stores positions, as a starting point for an update.

Keep the ideas coming. Another idea of mine is to add brush data as another recall parameter, as well as color information.

Just pos,rot,scale would be enough!!!I would be the happiest zbrusher on earth!!!It’s for use with the Zproject brush along with Marcus ClearOffset.

so…There IS hope.

Thanks for replying that fast

Also do you think it is possible to boost that baby up to 20 (for mapping characters with weapons and accessories, that would stop me from having to use 2 recall session)…and I think that I would die out of joy,truly.

Or with external txts as you said, I guess there would’nt be any dataset limit
as we could load them on a 1 per 1 basis.That, along with not loosing
your sets each time zb3 get upset would make that plugin an absolute necessity!

would this work with the deformation sliders/palette?
does it work in 3.1?

Recall deals with transform data, not brush data, which the deformation palette creates, so no for that 1.
As for 3.1, so far my tests in 3.1 work just fine. If you are having specific trouble with 3.1, let me know.

Hi Game master 770

Is there a way of saving the recall info to the saved tool.

so i can open the same file later and recall again.
grait plug
thanks.

Many thanks, a very useful plugin :slight_smile: