ZBrushCentral

I made this, but someone else made me

4667d166bdad5.jpg

The model was created to be a statue, something I enjoy doing immensely. I find there’s something very powerful about telling a story in a sculpture and I have a lot of ideas I’d like to follow up on. With todays 3D printers it’s really amazing what a digital 3D artist can create.
The middle of the statue is hollow, so to fit small lights and conceal the wiring. For my portfolio I am doing a small camera move that will go from a daytime like scene to a night time scene. The daytime render can be found here

A 1920x1080 version.

A close up.

I hope you like it.

Like it?! I absolutely LOVE IT!! The idea, the composition, the fact that it’s gonna be a practical statue… For a first post it’s a wonderful entry. I’m looking forward to whatever else you are going to make. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
One minor crit: the whole composition is very dynamic, but I feel the pose of the horse could be pushed some more. More upright, higher legs and more arched neck?
Like this picture. :wink:

beautiful picture. If i can give one critic , something minor though. the 2 ring-form chains around the horse’s back+belly are identical, perhaps rotate one of the 2 rings a bit.

Really nice concept! Very cool.

I agree with the others crits…just a few tweaks could really make this top notch.

The horse’s pose could be a bit more natural/fierce. Right now it looks like the front legs are mirrored, as are the back legs. I would offset them a little from each other to show more wild energy.

Maybe something like this:

or this:

Also, the chains don’t really show any weight right now. That’s a lot of steel, so I’d put a little bit of sag in the links in the neck, and especialy the links that spiral around the main part of the body. In it’s current position, that rear-most chain would slide right off the horse’s butt due to gravity.

It’s looking really good though. Again, love the concept. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Really cool image!

Besides agreeing with the critics of the symmetrical issues on the horse and chains, I would also say that the moon needs to be moved a bit away from the action of the sculpture. It feels very claustrophobic to me, it’s all too packed together. Give it some space to breath. :slight_smile:

This will be an amazing piece when printed into the real world, nice job!

Cool as hell!:D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

It’s like I can almost touch it! Vey cool and with a few of the mentioned tweaks I am sure it will be one of the best seen on this forum.

Thanks for the great critique and positive feedback! I agree with your critiques 100% and will tweak those things. Thanks again.