Default I made this, but someone else made me

4667d166bdad5.jpg

The model was created to be a statue, something I enjoy doing immensely. I find there's something very powerful about telling a story in a sculpture and I have a lot of ideas I'd like to follow up on. With todays 3D printers it's really amazing what a digital 3D artist can create.
    The middle of the statue is hollow, so to fit small lights and conceal the wiring. For my portfolio I am doing a small camera move that will go from a daytime like scene to a night time scene. The daytime render can be found here

A 1920x1080 version.

A close up.

I hope you like it.

Senior Member User Gallery

Like it?! I absolutely LOVE IT!! The idea, the composition, the fact that it's gonna be a practical statue... For a first post it's a wonderful entry. I'm looking forward to whatever else you are going to make.
    One minor crit: the whole composition is very dynamic, but I feel the pose of the horse could be pushed some more. More upright, higher legs and more arched neck?
    Like this picture.
    Elfquest Sculpting Odyssee
    The continuing diary of my first sculpt

The Topology and Flow Lab
    Everything you need to know about topology (and more)

beautiful picture. If i can give one critic , something minor though. the 2 ring-form chains around the horse's back+belly are identical, perhaps rotate one of the 2 rings a bit.

Really nice concept! Very cool.

I agree with the others crits...just a few tweaks could really make this top notch.

The horse's pose could be a bit more natural/fierce. Right now it looks like the front legs are mirrored, as are the back legs. I would offset them a little from each other to show more wild energy.

Maybe something like this:

or this:

Also, the chains don't really show any weight right now. That's a lot of steel, so I'd put a little bit of sag in the links in the neck, and especialy the links that spiral around the main part of the body. In it's current position, that rear-most chain would slide right off the horse's butt due to gravity.

It's looking really good though. Again, love the concept. I look forward to seeing your progress!
    Zero Dean
    --
    ZeroDean.com

Facebook Adventure Page:

http://facebook.com/ZeroDeanX

Really cool image!

Besides agreeing with the critics of the symmetrical issues on the horse and chains, I would also say that the moon needs to be moved a bit away from the action of the sculpture. It feels very claustrophobic to me, it's all too packed together. Give it some space to breath.

This will be an amazing piece when printed into the real world, nice job!

Cool as hell!

Member User Gallery

It's like I can almost touch it! Vey cool and with a few of the mentioned tweaks I am sure it will be one of the best seen on this forum.

Thanks for the great critique and positive feedback! I agree with your critiques 100% and will tweak those things. Thanks again.