ZBrushCentral

how to make a hole/ blast point in an object

Let me know if the script doesnt work and I will do a step by step visual if anyone is interested.

This is something that came to mind after going to the public library today and looking thru some anatomy books.

Might be useful, might be trash and might be old info…lol…that does happen.

Drag out 3dpoly sphere…

Put a large lump on it using zadd.

masked a line around the lump to use as a collar/seperator from the lumpy distintion.

turned the model to profile the lumpy mass

Hid (hold down the control and shift key while in draw mode and drag down a highlighted green box. Then release your shift key , while still holding down the ctrl key) then left off all keys after the box turns red/pink.) I drag that box down outside of the model covered that which is to be hidden. When you do all that…the area from the mask to the outer side of the lump should disappear.

I go to the geometry pallette, and hit “delete Hidden”…and that hidden part of the mesh is now gone for good… :slight_smile: leaving the visibly masked collar around the opening of a hole in your model.

I go down to the Display Properties…and hit the double button…then the inside of the hole/wound should show up.

Then I model the slight edge outside fo the masked/collar area to make either flaps of skin, gunshot blast, leaves, or whatever…

This was my first time experimenting with this, so I am sure somebody will come up with alot better uses than what I have just talked about…

Input welcome on this…

:b4: :b4: :b4: :b4: :b4: Notice …and I will also put this in the bug reporting…

I have noticed that when texturing in edit mode…and I am using the Straight line stroke and want to switch to the Drag Rectangle, that I must first click on the Dotted line stroke first in order for the Drag Rectangle to be chosen…
I dunno if anyone else noticed this but I did during my experiment…

thnx

hope someone finds some use out of this… and please let me know if the script doesnt work…

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

HoleNSphere1.jpg

I guess this could have been a hollowed strawberry or a horn O Plenty…:rolleyes:

Thanks Ron
i will take a look
Andreseloy

Very cool , thanks for this :slight_smile: :+1:

Script works fine for me.
I learned something new, thanks :+1:
Sonja

:smiley:
Much vanks! A very interesting way.
I am eager to improve composing meshes with inner canals. Just like anatomical
organs in human body and other types of organic life.
Of yet I did not find anything as close to it as ZBrush. All folks seem to play around only outer meshes, i.e. surfaces.
Does anyone know of 3D software to edit the hollow parts of the complex meshed organizations?:o
Anatom

Thanks a lot, I was searching exactly for that, I needed to master this technic for a current project of mine about making hats, and here you come :smiley: