ZBrushCentral

Cyborg, anatomy study - Zbrush 3 - David Giraud (nudity)

Hi my name is David Giraud I work at Ubisoft Montreal as a character artist!

This is a few models I have done in ZBrush 3! I’ve been testing for about 3 months and I can say this software is amazing and will improve any existing workflow. :smiley:
My experience with ZB3 is incredible. I was feeling free in a software for the first time ever and because of that I started to think more like a traditionnal sculptor.
I am truly having fun! thanks Pixologic !!! :wink:

[color=black]A male anatomy study.
I saw this post on Tweakcg forum http://www.tweakcg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=307
I decided to try somebody else’s basemesh.

Cyborg head. (scroll from side to side it is pretty big)

the render with mental ray

This is my basemesh.

[color=black]

The grey material is from Ralf Stumpf.

cyborg19.jpg!<!–attachment.jpg|1100x865cyborg_base.jpg

Attachments

Beautiful. Warped. Oh my gosh!

Thank for reply on my thread,

Like you stuff to, you anatomy study look realy realy nice! Good job on beta

Venom ROCKS!!! Well, so does everything else, of course (digging that Cyborg)

Nice work. Let me re-say that. Holy *#&$^! The detail is insane!
How did you do the cyborg chin and back? Was the tech parts done in another program or in Zbrush (if done in Zbrush HOW).

Cool cyborg model… the male anatomy one’s excellent qas well! You are great!

That is brilliant anatomy, iv got my work cut out to get to this quality and Im enjoying every minuite of the learning process, more so when I see this quality work.

Preety amazing stuff :slight_smile:

Heh with a Giraud surname I almost thought Blueberry but what do you know, not disappointing at all.
Love the cyber head, all the details too (face paint, mech jaw, etc etc)

Anatomy really nice, just wonder if it’s a modern thing to detail up to the
last bit (heh) Maybe I’m old fashioned but looking great any case.
Je me Souviens aussi (!)

hey bro how are you?
these are really great models! I especially love the cyborg!
yeah man, I want to see more :slight_smile: :+1:

Thank you very much guys!

Thanks Samuel and drummer! really appreciate your kind words

The chin and mechanical parts are all done in Zbrush3 I don’t master the technique like Seb ce soir but I’m trying :slight_smile: I just pushed and pulled roughly until I got the right shape and eventually I made a mask to extrude a new geometry and restarted the detailing again (you can make your own brushes now, I use that quite a bit) lazy mouse is a fonction you also want to try…

About all the bits and pieces :slight_smile: I don’t know if it’s a modern thing but why hide it? I don’t know I didn’t think about it too much to tell you the truth! :smiley:

Thanks again!

Love your stuff man. Your last one, the anatomy study is the best imho. Lots of style on it :+1:

-Kris

Yip… said it on cgtalk i’ll say it here too…the anatomy is awesome. I dig that cyborg too.

Great job ! looks promising !

How the hell did you get that mechanical stuff to stick to the flesh? Sorcery I say!

One of the best looking anatomy I’ve ever seen.

-brettSinclair
-gpepper
-feureau
Thank you so much guys! all the kind words are really valued!

Kris I am such a fan of your work you have been a great inspiration in this community!

![doodle_full_HANDS_WIP.jpg|840x892](upload://zh44SYWQCOQfz1v5vgWkpwbkRRe.jpeg)![ZGrab03.jpg|1100x1440](upload://lF4qpjxI9Xh9eGLplxtfRdBtbuc.jpeg)

Attachments

ZGrab03.jpg

That’s one of the most beatiful cyborg bad guys I’ve seen in a loong time… Can you show us a rendered version without the skull painting, please?

Any relation to JEAN Giraud, btw?

Thank you very much Displaced that’s so kind of you! and I’m not related to Moebius (I wish I would).

I made several versions

and this is a screen capture with only materials painted on (for early texture and shader tests)

![cyborg9.jpg|572x782](upload://9MlQndoKvlNRMoCaUL8rjNbr1jQ.jpeg)![cyborg7.jpg|572x782](upload://fg68IyEnoTcZqhA1KyyGOtNq8xA.jpeg)![cyborg3.jpg|1100x1200](upload://uHoxbXRTRhBrkhY1xQQi6EqlcFm.jpeg)![ZBC_THUMB.jpg|100x76](upload://cGqXjaLXI8GrsJYhYvmIlCOBuSi.jpeg)

Attachments

cyborg3.jpg

Incredible work, both versions of that cyborg look great. :+1:

Yay! Thanks a lot for following up on my request, Giraud! Truly gorgeous and inspiring works. And the black skin one works wonders for the skull painting, I think. Don’t get me wrong in my first post; that skull is a great 2D design IMO. That guy would be the “even badder one” in a sci-fi horror game!

Yup. This guy, both latest versions, is now my second favorite of all the amazing characters in the ZBrush3 forum after Rick Baker’s “Old Geezer”. (For what it’s worth… :-p) Kudos!

Wonder what the rest of the cyborg looks like?

Edit: Typo

This is looking fantastic! The screen capture is incredible! I’m not sure which i like more. the white eyes or the hollow souless blackeyes. both are awesome.