ZBrushCentral

ARR PIRATES! etc.

I’m so excited, because I finally have a workflow that actually seems to… well, work. I don’t know why I never used the image plane stuff, but I made a few pirates based on sketches that were also drawn in ZBrush, and I’m very happy with them!
And just to be clear, these are NOT those pirates you saw at the movies the other day :lol: :
pirate_eyepatch.jpg

Attachments

pirate_cap.jpg

pirate_sword.jpg

Avast! Nice pirates. Three very different faces. I think the third one could do with a little bit more work on the hair. :wink:
Good to hear your workflow is paying off. :+1:

I like those guys alot. Especially the first two ones.

Great expressions.

Cheers

tim

Thanks guys! Yeah, that third one is a bit of a mess… I think I like the first one the most (eyepatch guy), so I want to make a body for him. In case you’re interested, here are the three guys along with really quick sketches that I made in ZBrush and then used as ImagePlane references. The third one is incredibly sloppy and lazy and bad, which I guess shows in the resulting sculpt.
pirates_times three.jpg

Excellent translation from 2D to 3D!!! Makes me want to start modeling the characters from CarToons and CycleToons magazines. :+1:

Vincenzo: I like the designs of these guys, even the third one…:smiley:
The first guy is the best, as he is a clean design.

If you push the ears in on the second guy, to square off his head, he will look more unified and cleaner. Move the knife forrward and then bring the cheeks forward a little and the third guy will look better also.

Either way, they are a lot of fun and I wanna see where you can take them…:smiley:

Dickie

I love these as well. More toones!!! :wink:

I’m kinda proud of myself for not losing interest in this right away and actually doing the full model. His body’s not as cartoony as his head, but I still think it’s funny:
[attach=59620]eyepatch_guy_attackmode.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

eyepatch_guy_attackmode.jpg

And I meant to say: Thanks irender, Dickie and Jason!

I made a pirate bird to go along with the guy, but I just noticed that I lost the feather details when ZB crashed. Ah well, what can you do…
parate.jpg

Attachments

parrot_sketch.jpg

Sorry, one more… Here’s the bird with the guy (needs more work for sure). Whaddya think?
pirate_to_parate.jpg

You should be proud you sticked with your fellow shipmates! Really fun to look at. The forms ar a bit rough, but at the same time they have style. So pat yourself on the back! :+1:

p.s. Love the parrot drawing, he lookes like the criminal mastermind.

Ha fun stuff Vincenzo! I love the parrot! Experiment away!

you might want to hit the z3 plugins link in my signature…there you will find a cool plugin …well lots of them but this one by Svengali will let you save your models, images or documents with a click of a button…incrementally so you could save as you go easily and if ya crash or the head bobs from 72 straight hours of zbrush and hits the dump button on your keyboard…no worries! :wink:

ps…checked out your site…get back to painting my friend…you are very good…ever try it in zbrush? anyways…don’t give up painting…

Plakkie: Thanks for the encouragement (and yes, the parrot is a criminal mastermind!)

Animuts: I actually posted some weird ZBrush paintings a little while ago right HERE. Thanks for the nice words and for the plugin links. I’m downloading stuff right now!

I saw it…was secretly hoping it wouldn’t end…was fun to see what was new out of your newly zbzombie head.

but i’ll settle for 3d stuff if i have to :smiley:

Actually, I was thinking of doing some more of those tonight, so stay tuned! :wink: