ZBrushCentral

My Z3 Adventures...WIP (nudity)

Well, finally I got some free time to start learning ZBrush 3. I have been drooling for quite some time now seeing all the absolutely top notch work being done around here with this unbelievable update to, quite possibly, the coolest piece of software ever. So, hopefully this will be a nice long thread as I wind myself deeper into the wonders of ZBrush 3…

This started as a Sphere tool and I only got to spend about 45 mins on it as I familiarize my self with the new brushes…but, more soon.

Ryan

![Skull_45min.jpg|799x266](upload://9veNBqkHp0qRT6CoovRjPX9MNl3.jpeg)

Heres an update on my skull…Spent a few hours going slow and playing alot with some of the new Z3 features. Next, I will try to adjust the topology on this guy for some practice…

This skull is going to be a small piece in a larger work and will be fairly small in the scene so, I think I will stop the detail level here, Each tooth is a subtool of the skull. 16 teeth=16 subtools. There will be many skulls and this way I can vary the look a bit by hiding various teeth.

Below is a rough Idea of what Im going for and how this skull will come into play in this peice. Comments and Crits appreciated…

![SkullThumb.jpg|697x717](upload://qMqn93hsj72bMfq7ZTaEA0xTZlT.jpeg)![Skull01.jpg|799x570](upload://6qHPMazr1ZW13v3CuSQhBMJytH0.jpeg)![Headsick_TripsGirl.jpg|455x612](upload://xyPLkY6ByhFWs0qPRpJHSlghPCC.jpeg)

…seems you have to have a serious but veeeery carefull talk with your girlfriend/wife…

hehe :wink:

Nice work so far, allready curious about the finished work :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Mike.

Heh, no worries Jaxx, she is very understanding ;). Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I should have updates soon…

-Ryan

…well, I thought she was in your drawing so… :wink: :lol:

You’re very welcome - looking forward to your update!

Jaxx

Ryno! Dude, how you doing?

Love the second level of detail on the skull and I’m for sure gonna be hanging to see where you go with the concept:+1:

Hey Robert, long time no see! Im doing pretty well…can’t complain (too much) I guess. Hows things Down Under? Glad you like the skull…I am loving Z3 and all her goodies. I see many sleepless nights in my future:D . I didnt have any time to work on this last night but hopefully I can make some progress this evening. What have you been up to?

Ryan

Heres a little update…Still alot of work to do on her and I am still playing around with the pose but its close. I will probably redo the hair completely… Comments welcome :slight_smile: .

Ryan

[]
[]
[]Trips.jpgTrips01.jpgTrips02.jpg

I haven’t had much time to work on this latlely but I did manage to add a few details to the girl this evening…Comments and crits welcome. Thanks.

-Ryan

TripsBottom.jpgTripsBack.jpgTripsSide.jpg

Attachments

TripsSide.jpg

Small update…just playing around with the base. I think I may add shackles and chains to the arch…Comments and crits welcome:) Thanks.

Ryan

[]TripsOnBase.jpg

Whaoh!.. Twisted sister mate:rage: Love the arch too, i see what looks like remnants of faces in it, 'specially next to her left shoulder

All is cool here Ryno, teaching, freelancing and having enough playtime leftover to ban a few Zs out… Great to see you 'bout again:+1:

Hey DM,
Glad you like it. I haven’t had much time to work on her…I’m in the process of trying to get a new job so that has consumed most of my time lately. I just hope I can knock this out before I get too busy.
Faces huh? Certainly was’nt intentional (I see it though) but I may have to expand on that idea…I like the way you think sir. Glad to hear your doing well. I’m loving your timelapse vids BTW…good stuff.

Ryan

Finally putting some of the elements together. I think I have gotten the wings to a point that Im happy with (only one done so far). Still a few wrinkles to iron out (her right arm is a little wierd) and details to add (veins and skin texture), but this girl is just about done…been fun using just about every option and tool in Z3 on her and been a great learning experience. More soon.:wink: C&C welcome…

-Ryan

[]
[]WingTest.jpgWingTest01.jpg

Well, I have some time tonight so Im gonna try and finish her up…maybe. Some detailing on the back. still WIP…
More soon:D .

-Ryan

[]BackDetailTest.jpg

Mental sculpts mate!

Btw… irresistable challenge @ cgtalk

Hey man, thanks. I havent participated in a cg challenge in a while… Might have to get in on this new one. Sounds like it could be a good one. Thanks for the heads up mate.

• Ryan

This is a low poly model I have been working on in Max…I decided I would give normal map creation a shot so, I threw this guy into ZBrush for some Hot Z Action.
He’s supposed to be a sort of Celtic Ninja. I just started adding detail tonight so C&C are welcome. I also included the modeling sheet pic and a smoothed Max render for reference.
Thanks for looking! :wink:

[]
[]
[]
[]
[]ZFace.jpgZBack.jpgZFront.jpgModelingUpdatesmall.jpgFinalModel.jpg

WOWOW, amazing, esspecialy that succubi and the layout she is standing om

metrodance: Thanks! Hopefully I will be able to finish her up soon.

Until then, here is a small update on the Celtic Ninjas head.
C&C always welcome! :wink:

-Ryan

[]FaceUpdate.jpgFaceUpdate.jpg

I like it all but specially that drawing very neat and clean:D