ZBrushCentral

Texture Help Please!

I am new to Zbrush although I have used a couple programs like this. I have always had a hard time learning how to use textures and no matter how many tutorials I look at I’m still clueless. I would like to do something like this.

How do I get the image like the pictures above from my model so I can start texturingmy model?

Also once I can get started working on the texture what program is best to use?

Thank you so much and I’m sorry that I’m asking questions that a million people have already asked. I’m still lost and I hope someone can help.

My first model using Zbrush. I just started using the program yesterday. :smiley:

i have the same problem too :frowning:
Please let us know who has resolved that

Sure thing! :smiley:

You mean the flattened images of the head? Those are UV maps which have been created in an external modelling app. Quite a few programs allow you to do this, though flattening a head as one piece will result in some distortion in certain parts of the texture.

Although ZBrush can create UV maps, you can’t ‘unwrap’ a mesh with the same degree of control as you have in programs like Maya and Bodypaint. I use a stand-alone program called UV Layout for flattening meshes. Others prefer UV Mapper. I’m pretty sure you can create UV maps like this in Blender too.

When a mesh is split and flattened in one piece, it’s often called ‘pelt mapping’. If you google some of these terms, you’ll find tons of references to tools and techniques. Good luck.

Thank you for your help.