ZBrushCentral

Site collecting tips & tricks for Zbrush 3

I placed this already in the troubleshoot forum some time ago , but seems this is more the forum section for it.

Atm me and froyd (perhaps more people later on) are collecting issues and solutions for Zbrush 3, mostly stuff people have problems with when just starting with Zbrush 3.

We are putting it all on a site (dont mind the name , no redirect yet)

http://www.gamerauction.net/Zbrush3/

Hope it is of some use to some one.

Cheers

(if this is considered spam , please remove it)

THANK YOU! Very helpful!!

really helpful l! make it grow!

Awesome idea & great initiative.
will proove to be very helpfull (already bookmarked here :slight_smile: )

Maybe you should ask Plakkie about his thread on topology :
Topology & Flow Lab

Yea , i’ve plugged the thread on the site now, very interesting thread.

A couple of other tips when creating seamless textures…

-The Freehand brush doesn’t loop (when Brush -> WrapMode is on)
-When using any another brush, the plane must be flat. If it’s turned slightly, the brush stroke can trail off.

Thanks i’ll check that out when i get home.
I was considering installing Z3 at work too , since i think it was allowed to have on multiple pc’s wasnt it?
But i dont want it to mess up my license at home pc, too scared :wink:

Why not to put all of that in the official wiki?

Have a look at this: http://www.zbrush.info/wiki/index.php/Licensing#Online_Activation_.E2.80.93_The_Portable_Licensing_Solution

What is says is that you can activate ZBrush3 on two machines at the same time. At any time you can transfer a license to a third machine by deactivating one of the two activated installations. Mind this only works when using the Online Activation (aka The Portable Licensing Solution) … so no need to fret :wink:

Last I heard people weren’t able to post things to the wiki yet… pixologic was working to enable that functionality

Indeed , i got a protected page warnings when i tried to create on wiki.

Hey The Namek, I just wanted to say thanks for what you’re doing here. There’s so little help available and this is a nice extra resource. At this stage, any place that gathers tips together like this is a goldmine!

Thanks again for making things a little easier. The lack of documentation makes this an invaluable resource.

Here’s something I’ve just come across. Not sure if it’s intentional or not though, but who cares, it’s dead handy!

When holding down shift you normally change to the Smooth tool for as long as you continue to hold shift down. However, if you press Shift + Alt simultaneously, your tool changes to the Smooth tool until you decide to change it back. To change it back, simply hit Shift once. Maybe that’s something everyone else already knows, I’m not sure. Thought I’d post it here anyway.

I think that’s a bug… you can do that with any tool (such as mask). To make it work every time, hit the tool key, then ALT, and then let go of the tool key with ALT held down. The tool will remain.

Nice find :wink: