ZBrushCentral

2D Symmetry Painting

Just a little thing I was trying: take a plane, subdivide it a bunch of times, and polypaint on it symmetrically. Not 3D at all (or even 2.5D), but really fun! Don’t know if this appeals to anyone else, but I’m gonna do some more, I think…
ghoulie.jpg

Here’s another one:
uh.jpg

Great paintings! :slight_smile:

I’ve been wanting such a feature in popular paint programs for some time. Glad to see Z3 handles it.

Thanks! I think you can do symmetrical painting somewhere in Corel X3 as well, but this is a lot more fun.

Hi vincenzo, got to tell ya those pics seem like great stress relievers for the OS wallpaper.

i think once ya dip your toe in the 2.5d waters…specially now with z3…your

illustration dreams will seem endlessly possible…

keep experimenting…i think it shall be fun to watch your talent expand with your zb knowledge.

Yeeeeeaaah! Very Cool!! :+1: :+1:

Thanks much!
I could post a million of these, but in the interest of good taste I should probably knock it off soon. Before that, though, here are some wrasslers:
wrasslers.jpg

Hey, those are really cool. Keep it up and put some more on. :+1:

Love your paintings, quality use of zbrush!!

Pls do. Looks funny :D.

Don’t limit your creativity on our account! Diversity inspires new ideas. In my case, pretty big ones.

I’m getting my PC back Tuesday or Wednesday, and this thread is one of the reasons I’m so anxious to jump in on Z3…

WOW!!! really nice paintings!:+1:

Thanks for the encouragement! I’ve been having trouble with one little thing… I can’t seem to get alphas to stop, uh, fading radially. I turned the “Rf” slider all the way to 0, all the way to 100 and everywhere in between, and it doesn’t seem to make any difference… Any ideas?
Oh, and here’s a really weird portrait of Abraham Lincoln:
lincoln.jpg

…and another guy who looks like either an epecially deranged Muppet or somebody who would be hanging out with Monstermaker’s cave dweller(http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=43670):
cavedude.jpg

Oh, just figured out the alpha fading thing… You need to adjust the “AccuCurve” in the brush palette if you want to avoid it.

Every thread about painting with Zbrush is a good one. Go Vincenzo!

Edit: I just saw your site. Really cool drawings, I like them much. 's Gonna be interesting to see what you will do with Zbrush. :+1:

These are very cool!

Try setting your focal shift to -100. That will create a hard edge.

Ryan

Thanks Plakkie! Thanks Ryan! Focal Shift worked perfectly.

Believe or not, this is teaching me a lot that will transition well to 3D. One move I really like is transitioning between colors with a broken up alpha (like pores) to give more interesing texture. Actually this next thing isn’t a great example of that… Pretty funny though, I think:
gbot.jpg