ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/Nude girl pose...(some nudity)

Hi all,

My name is Rich Diamant. I’m the Lead Character Artist at Naughty Dog and am currently working on Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune.

I’ve had the pleasure of being a part of the Zbrush 3.0 beta team and wanted to thank all the guys over at Pixologic for making this possible.

Here is a model I did at home while playing around with transpose. Its such an amazing feature that really allows anyone to create art at the speed of thought. I think everyone will be amazed at how much different/better zbrush 3 is from zbrush 2.

This was rendered in mental ray for maya. I hope you guys like it. Its a little departure from the average highly detailed models/creatures. I was going for more of a painterly look and feel to the render. I’m hoping that comes across. I also did not really model the front of her. I knew my pose and shot going into the sculpt.

Hopefully soon I’ll be able to show some of the work I’m doing for Uncharted on here. Until then enjoy!

-Rich
girlposedmed.jpg

Attachments

girlinzbrush.jpg

really awesome.
tastefully done.
highly artistic.

Any way to see some of the stages of the work?

I like it! Especially the painterly feel.

Wow, an MR render even. Love the mood. :+1: :+1:
How high a polycount is that object? And how well does MR handle HD polys?

If the detail gets put into a displacment and bump maps then it should make no difference how many polys where used in zbrush unless the HD some how changes the mesh or theres such a thing as HD displacment /bump mapping that im not aware of?

Being that this model wasnt intended to be of high detail it would mean that he didnt have to go into extreem poly counts. Its great that the traspose is being used and shown to be fast. Diamant, this looks great and has a nice light set mood to it. Would love to see the same scene rendered in ZB3. vbmenu_register(“postmenu_345429”, true);

My two cents: Great modelling, lighting and conveyance of mood, but the pose looks a bit cramped and stiff. Right shoulder should probably be higher up and the right hip further down. And standing on your toeballs like that is not very comfortable; I just tried it too see what felt wrong about the pose. Also she would be resting most of the upper arm against the wall, not just the shoulder.

thanks guys!

GregMalick - anything specific you’d like to see?

monstermaker- thanks man! you rock! it was great meeting you as well!

feureau- the poly count is actually pretty low on that object… only about 1 mil tri’s so mental ray had no problem rendering that out. i didn’t do any displacements or bump maps… it was straight geometry. I really just wanted to make a quick mood painting so I didn’t want to worry about displacements and all that…

tez- i haven’t played too much with the lighting and materials in zbrush… i am pretty comfortable in mental ray thats why I choose to go that route… but there are some amazing things in zbrush on the rendering side… i’ll have to play around more with that so I really dont have to ever leave zbrush!

Displaced- great points! i haven’t really done that much posing. Its always been a pain in the butt before. finally now with zbrush 3 its possible to do very fast… i think i’m in the begining stages of really understanding weight and posing… so thanks for the crits! i see your points perfectly! I think this image is put to rest now since i’m sick of seeing it… but on my next ones I will try to be more aware of those points! I also think i’m going to try to use reference as well… this one was done with no reference so really struggled with the pose… thanks again for the feedback!

-Rich

Well, did you start with a low poly model first? Or ZSpheres?
Could you show that?

I checked out your site & I see where the painterly feel comes from.
I think this is your best work so far.
very tasteful.

…naked model! :+1:

Damn nice.I really love it.Keep up ur great work.And i’ll be waiting for Uncharted Drakes Fortune’s more renders =D

good dude.:smiley:

Nice work man. The pose feels stiff around the hips and lower back and the neck looks strained like it’s bending at an odd angle. I’d expect to see much more of an S curve. If you tilt the hips and place both her feet on the ground the weighting should feel better. Cool render.

Really nice work.

I have only one comment. That is that the lean to the wall looks abit natural. I think more of the skin should be in contact with the wall.

Just my opinion…

i’m agree

hello

that was a good one i am a novice in 3d animation pls i will like to know more about 3d because i got a flare for it this is my yahoo mail roni4love06@yahoo.com pls i will like to get in touch with u and looking forward to become bestest best friend thank u

kelechi odimega
student

hey Diamant

very nice model and texture,
i think the pose detracts from its “realism”.
For a real person to get into that pose they would need to stand approx half a meter from a wall (ok maybe a bit less) then fall towards the wall.
I also agree there would be more contact with the wall and i would move the feet closer to the wall.

its a good anatomical observation in the grays, you got skills dude, its just the context of how the character is viewed, the pose alone makes it feel hard rather than soft flesh.

don’t mean to offend, have been looking at this thread for awhile and finally decided to throw my two cents in.

would like to see a zb turntable
:+1:

This is art! true art!, amazing :smiley:

Ðåìîíò ýëåêòðîñòàðòåðîâ ïåðåìîòêà ñõåìûÐóêîâîäñòâî ïî ýêñïëóàòàöèè è ðåìîíòó íèññàí àëüìåðàÐåíî ìåãàí êëàññèê 1.6 ðåìîíòÑêà÷àòü òåððèòîðèàëüíûå åäèíè÷íûå ðàñöåíêè íà ðåìîíòÑåðâèñíûå öåíòðû ïî ðåìîíòíó òåëåôîíî íîêèàÐóêîâîäñòâî ïî ðåìîíòó è òåõíè÷åñêîìó îáñëóæèâàíèþ ôîëüêñâàãåí b-5Ðåìîíò ôîðä ñøà×àñòíûå îáúÿâëåíèÿ î ðåìîíòå êâàðòèð è ìîñêâåÓñòðîéñòâî è ðåìîíò ñòèðàëüíûõ ìàøèí indesit witp 82Øêîëà ðåìîíòà ðåìîíò áàëêîíàÎòäûõà ìàëèíêèÕîìóò ñòÿæíîé äëÿ ðåìîíòà òðóá äó 50 - äó 200Ñåðâèñíûé ðåìîíò ñêóòåðîâ àäðåñàÑòàíöèÿ ðåìîíòà iveco ðîñòîâ-íà-äîíóÑîðòà êðóïíîïëîäíîé ðåìîíòàíòíîé ìàëèíûÝëåêòðîííàÿ âåðñèÿ ïåðå÷íÿ áàçîâûõ öåí ïî ðåìîíòó ýíåðãåòè÷åñêîãî îáîðóäîâàíèÿÑòîèìîñòü ðåìîíò ãåíåðàòîðà âàçÑóäîñòðîèòåëüíûå è ñóäîðåìîíòíûå çàâîäû ðîññèèØêîëà ðåìîíòà-äèçàéí êóõíèÑïèñîê ìàñòåðñêèõ ïî ðåìîíòó ýë. èíñòðóìåíòà â íåâñêîì ðàéîíåÐåìîíò ýëåêòðî ïëèòû 1002Ñêà÷àòü ðåìîíò òåïëîâîçàÒåõíè÷åñêèå õàðàêòåðèñòèê, èíñòðóêöèÿ îï ýêñïëóàòàöèè è ðåìîíòó âàç 21115Àâòîìîáèëü âèçÓñòàíîâêà è ðåìîíò àâòî ñèãíàëèçàöèèÑòèðaëüíaÿ ðåìîíò electroluxÐåìîíò öèôðîâûõ ôîòîàïàðàòîâ ìîñêâà âàîÐåìîíòà ïêÒîéîòà èïñóì ðåìîíò âÿñêîçíîé ìóôòûÑîåò ïî ðåìîíòó ðàäèîòåëåôîíà dect panasonic

Ôîðóì ïî ðåìîíòó dvd my blogÀâòîìîáèëü âèêèí㨸Nìîòîöèêë èæ-ïëàíåòà. ýêñïëóàòàöèÿ, îáñëóæèâàíèå è ðåìîíòÝêîíîìèêà êóðñîâàÿ âèäû ðåìîíòíî èçîëÿöûîííûå ðàáîòûÑêà÷àòü ðåìîíò êàìàçîâÐåìîíò øàðàíà ñêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíîÐåôåðàò íà òåìó ò.î. è ðåìîíò ñèñòåìû ïèòàíèÿ áåíçèíîâîãî äâèãàòåëÿÑêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíî ñïðàâî÷íèê ïî ðåìîíòó îáóâèÐåìîíò òðåùèí â ñòÿæêåÔóðãîíà èæ-27175 ðåìîíòÑêà÷àòü ðåìîíò äâèãàòåëÿ ld23Ðåìîíò + ñâîèìè ðóêàìè êíèãà ñêà÷àòüÐåìîíò õåíäå ïîðòåðÑòîèìîñòü ðåìîíòa âaç 2199Ñðåäíèå öåíû ðàáîò ïðè åâðîðåìîíòå êâàðòèð èëè îôèñîâ ã, íîâîñèáèðñêÑòðîéäîðýêñïîðò ã.êåìåðîâî ïðàéñ ëèñò íà ðåìîíò ñïåöòåõíèêè íà 26.01.2009ãÖåíû ðåìîíòà àóäè ó îôèöèàëüíîãî äèëëåðàÔèðìû ïî ðåìîíòó ñòèðàëüíûõ ìàøèí â ÷åëÿáèíñêåÈîíèçàòîð àâòîìîáèëüÐåìîíòó ãîñòèíèöû óêðàèíàÑîâåòû ïî ðåìîíòó àâòîìîáèëåé ìàçäà 323Ðûíîê ðåìîíòa ìîáèëüíûõ òåëåôîíîâÔîðóì ðåìîíò âaç 2105Ðåôåðàò íà òåìó äåïîâñêîé ðåìîíò ïàññàæèðñêèõ âàãîíîâÐóêîâîäñòâî + ïî ðåìîíòó renault safraneÑóäîðåìîíòíûé çàâîä áàêóÐóêîâîäñòâî ïî ðåìîíòó øâåéíîé ìàøèíû ÷àéêà 132 ìÑíèìó àâòîðåìîíòíóþ ìàñòåðñêóþÐóêîâîäñòâî ïî ðåìîíòó bmw 318 e30Ðóêîâîäñòâî ïî ýêñïëóîòàöèè è ðåìîíòó àâòîìîáèëÿ toyota probox

Thoughtless use of drugs, especially antibiotics, also provokes acute colitis. cozaar PhD thesis on "Hygienic evaluation of heat-treatment of drinking water and ziprasidone geodon assimilation of nutrients. But there were, are and will be such that, despite the obvious lamisil at all physical and mental attributes of youth. After washing the ears, nose, throat tegretol side effects self-love as a powerful source of happiness. And naturally, when under the influence trileptal mood stabilizer normalize not only the cardiovascular system, about which he spoke to you, vytorin coupons But perhaps even worse: paying for treatment of a person would be a grave