ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/Some Z3 images

Howdy ZBrushers,

I’m Bryan Johnston, senior artist at Namco Bandai Games. I’ve been using zbrush since 2.0, and prior to that had very little modeling experience. Being able to sculpt in a 3D package was the key to getting me into the digital realm.

I thank the pixologic guys for allowing me the chance to beta test the new Z. There are some new brushs in there that I think you all will love, like the flatten brush. This brush will mow down anything, if you have funky pinching in your geo that the smooth brush won’t get rid of, flatten it.

Also the realtime materials and shadows are a thing of beauty. Not only does it make sculpting a joy, but being able to see the way light plays off the surface of your model really helps to nail that form. The only drawback is the “awe” factor. I catch myself not sculpting, and gazing at the screen in awe.

Here are some WIPs I’ve done in my spear time. These images are all realtime screen grabs.

I can’t wait to see what the rest of the community does with 3.0.

sweet work man! the creature looks killer, can’t wait to see it finished.

killer stuff, good work on the Bond likeness. I just can’t get through my head that these are realtime shots, particularly the first one with all the shadows and highlights. zb3 must be sooo far ahead of the competition in this regard. thanks for showing us!

OMG, LeChiffre realy did F*!# him up!
Cool Sculpts!

Nice job with the likeness. The face is really accurate but I’d have to say my favorite part is the bit of hair that sticks up in front. Good stuff.

spot on with the Daniel Craig model, how many sub tools was he made from?
The real time shadows are realy nice would be great if the lights are easyer to place than ZB2.

A superb Bond:+1:
Always great to hear the feedback on v3 features.

Cool Bond indeed… :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I really don’t see how bond here gets all the girls. I mean what would he do with them?

dam, awsome anatomy

Great work on the male character,
have you noticed a significant decrease in modeling time with ZB3 when doing
your full figures?

Spot on with the likeness. I might have to say that this is in the top 5 best celeb likenesses I’ve seen here. Excellent! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Lemo

WOW, amazing likeness! Great work all around friend! :smiley:

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Great work on the Daniel Craig model!

Wow great rendition of James Bond!

Now where is the Jessica Alba version?

Another Zbrush Master Here…

Electroganic your works are very cool !!!

:+1: