ZBrushCentral

Pop!

Ooops
ZPop.jpg
Terrain painted in ZBrush, render in TerraGen and buildings made in ZB and painted in with PS. Tut anyone?!
Lemo

The plateaued terrain in the back is really looking good lemo, Thats one of the best Zbrush terrains I have seen. How did you do that? I also like the special effects in front :slight_smile: :+1:

I converted 16Bit terrain gray scales into Alphas and can paint onto the canvas with them. So I can build up terrain the way I like without any steps. With grabdoc I save it and export it as PSD. IN PS I load and export it in the format the terrain renderer. I can also project it onto a sphere with a stencil in ZBrush and thus make a cool Planet. With the high polycount in ZB3 that sort of stuff will really take off.
Lemo
Here a 100% (except sky) ZBrush one… Took about 10 mins all together. Using the grabdoc for an alpha mask in PS is another slick trick.
[attach=53976]zbscape.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Ooohhh nice.

A little more detail and I think it ought to hit top row. :+1: :+1:

The background is nice.

Thx lemo. I think you are right and this technique can be used a lot in pure Zbrush scenes when 3 hits. That really gives you a tremendous amount of control:+1:

How do you export a .ter file from PS,do you have some
special edition or what?
Nice terrain this time.Echt gelungen eh :smiley: .

great terrain, you really show that zbrush can do so many things =)

It’s been quite a while… but I forgot about this thread. Now… V3 is out for a while and I decided to give my old brushes a try. And as it was mentioned before… V3 DOES deliver WAY more detail!!! I used my old brushes and alphas to create a 4096x4096 ‘landscape’ which looked like this when exported:
[attach=98637]grey.jpg[/attach]
I was lifted from a ZP Plane which I edited in the highest possible subdivision. I did not save the scene and actually did not pay attention how large it was but my right hand was lame from subdividing ;).
As before, I used Teragen to import and render the map.
fromtop.jpg
Lemo

Attachments

grey.jpg

fromcorner.jpg

closecorner.jpg

cloudtop.jpg

details.jpg

that’s awesome… I will definitely keep this technique in mind… thanks for sharing

Another refined version of the same landscape file. It will become a mural surrounding two sides of an indoor pool. We’ll print it on the 5 ft wide printer in tiles.
mural.jpg
Lemo