ZBrushCentral

Idea for new ZScript

Hi you script wizards…

I tried to write this script myself, but I am only proficient in Visual Basic and for some reason I can’t wrap my head around this scripting language.

I really like Pixolator’s ZTimeLapse script, however I wished for something a bit different. My idea is to have a script that takes a thumbnail sized screengrab, just like in the TimeLapse script, but only when the artist requests it (either by clicking a button or using a hotkey). The ZTimeLapse captures fairly random grabs and if you want to capture part of your process at a specific time, you have to hope one of the grabs is in the right place.

So, If I am modeling something, I can request a grab at points when I feel the reader would like to see the progress. Then it would save a thumbnail sheet after the session just like Pix’s script.

Anyone interested in trying this? Just for fun, I’ve included my attempt as a .txt file…maybe someone can pick it apart for me and tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Slosh,
how are you ?
I think should be not too difficult modify the ZTimelapse to create your script…but without the source…maybe we rediscover the wheel…
I leave zscripting because lack of information…but i hope to do something in the next future…

Have a nice day

cameyo

You could do this using the screen grab feature of the Movie palette. I did this for the ‘All Views’ feature of Reference Image 2. You’d have to re-import to create a single image in psd format but you could display in a Note easily enough.

I’m perplexed…I kinda wish Pix would see this post and come up with something from his ZTimeLapse script. Do you both think the idea is useful, though?

Hi Cameyo…another voice from the past. Nice to hear from you.

Slosh, I think it’d be useful, too.

Hi Winged! Like time, no see (so to speak). Love your eye tutorial with the jellybean material (very old thread, I know, but I resurrected it this morning).

I agree, this would be a great function because sometimes when we are trying to explain something in a thread, it would be good to have thumbnails to show at the precise time you reach a certain step. The ZTimeLapse is great, but what if it doesn’t catch a crucial moment? Or what if you don’t want so many thumbnails, just the pertinent ones?

Slosh,

Perhaps the PSNAP plugin will help - Each button click will grab full-canvas captures, assigning incremental filenames - Tree001.bmp, Tree002.bmp and so on. See the link >>> HERE <<< for a more extensive explanation.

However, it WON’T create a proof-sheet of thumbnails - you’ll need other software for that.

By the way, Pixolator’s plugin is an amazingly sophisticated plugin written in some kind of hybrid code (ZScript and custom .dll I think). It dynamically adjusts the intervals between frames no matter how long or short the record time is. What you’d expect from the ZB code-meister.

Sven

This is great…I remember PSNAP from a few years ago, tho I never bothered to find out what it was. ZPlugins scared me…but this seems like just the right thing for now. I especially like the fact that it saves incremented ztl. I often forget to save in progress.

Now, if Pixolator should happen to see this, I still think the Minipix idea is a good one. Just for the sake of image size in uploading. Like his contact sheet for ZTimeLapse, it really shows a compact timeline without multiple uploads.