ZBrushCentral

Alien

I spent some hours studying texture in Zbrush ,and i did some paint on my Alien sculpt, here`s the render.

comments will be welcome

thanks
Alex Oliver

zbrush_forum.jpg

top row alien here. the texture and colors work great i think. he kind of has a similar feel to the alien in ‘enemy mine’…ever seen it?

GREAT WORK!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

interesting. is it done with zbrush3?

skinnybonez-thank you buddy!!

iatriki-no,it all done in Zbrush 2.0 ! sculpt ,texture and render! Im doing some textures and renders with the amazing news features of the 3.0 but i dont can post yet,thank you!!

Superb work, this is one of my favorites. The eye has great depth. what were your thoughts behind your texture choices and the way they work with your sculptured details?

That eye pulls me in.
I could imagine turning to see that eye staring whilst the rest of him is hidden with camouflage skin.
lol thanks I enjoyed that.
Great work as always.

wonderful job, the color choise is really nice and the overall sculp is awsome. Neat character as a whole.

Regards,

Will

threetails-thanks!! my refecences to paint it was the crocodiles and dinossaus from Jurassic Park.to sculpt i used the projection master and some alphas ,but many details was done with inflat in edit mode;

thegrub-thanks buddy!!

Longsight-thank you!!!

Alexleia- Nice job remember this one from a little bit ago. Glad you textured him up. Did you use any type of quad shader/material as a base for your texture? Still awaiting the Zbrush3 sculpts!! :wink:

Incredible ambient! :+1:

Disgusting colors :roll_eyes:

Perfect for that model :+1:

AngelJ-hi! thanks!! i just used the pokadot shader ,thank you!!

XtremeAMX-thank you!!

Blaine91555-thank you!!

here`s some shade images;

alien_sketch_7.jpg

Such a wonderful model and rendered image from you as usual :slight_smile: Always please to see your works as they all are great inspirations. :+1: :+1:

SolidSnakexxx-thank you buddy!!

the shaded pictures are amazing, i love all the wrinkles on the neck, very nice work :+1:

Wow I like him more and more.
That skin feels thick and tough.
Are those shade images from zbrush?

Looking pretty cool, well done!

Great texturing. The specular highlights look great.

Is there someone who has the time to describe the process for doing a texture like this? I assume that the various effects (shadows, specularity, texture, etc) are rendered separately in ZB as RGB images and then composited in Photoshop or the like for final product. Am I right?

Anyways, great job!! Definitely top-row material.

zzagno-thank you!!

thegrub-yes, it`s Zbrush ,just the background was done in Photoshop,thank you!

Lead Balloon-thank you!!

oR_Creeper-i just used the texture that i did in Zbrush and setting the render and light and rendered it in Zbrush, i just used PS to background and i used the saturation a litle too,

here`s a image of the Alien without render ;

Untitled-1.jpg

whoa alexleia, that is bad-ass! he’d make a great “Killer Croc” for a new Batman movie. 5 stars from me! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: