ZBrushCentral

Skullz - creating a seemless displacement map

Playing around in ZBrush tonight and figured I’d write a quick tutorial about my adventures, Basic stuff I know but hopefully those starting out will find it useful :wink:

Nice. To make your life a bit easier I have two hints:

1. Use the “~” key instead the displace canvas commands. When you press the “~” key you can move the canvas freely.

2. Instead of Grabdoc in the Alpha tab use the MRGBZ grabber tool which is the one with the yellow square and the 4 arrows. It’s the tool under the sphere tool.
    It grabs not only the alpha but also the color map which you can use in your 3d app as well for blending or other purpose.

Cheers
Lemo

1. I cant get that to work (on a uk keyboard) :wink: is it the key next to enter?? Thats why I used the Layer-Displace instead :wink:

2. Aaah that works great, I thought thats what it did but wasn’t sure it would grab the whole doc - but it does, Cool Thanks for the tips!!!

It’s the key above the tab key. Try that one. The one just before the “1 and!” key.
Maybe that works. It’s on that position on my us keyboard.
Or post in the trouble shooting forum and let poor Aurick tell you which one that is. Thre must be more people with a UK Keyboard 8).
Cheers
Lemo

cool lemo
I used the method awhile ago but to make texture but not an alpha.
Just a bunch of body parts strung together;)
skin_color4.jpg

I was ot in a horror mood, so I made a happy pill. A long lasting and durable aluminium happy pill.
alupill.jpg
Can be recycled to. :smiley:
Lemo

PS:Simple torus and sphere droppings on the canvas. Mrgbz grab and alpha straight into the micropolygon displacement channel.

Any side effects? Headaches, nausea, dizziness or elevated blood pressure?:lol:

How about a liquid form for people who cant swallow pills - Oops - I already have that in my liquor cabinet in the Single Barrel bottle :rolleyes: I think I’ll go home and get happy.

Very handy methods for seamless textures etc… Anyone ever figured out how to work around the edges that happen with certain materials?

they look very fashion pills :stuck_out_tongue:
nice render btw :wink:

“Good news! It’s a suppository!” </Professor Farnsworth>

You can also load and apply the NormalRGBMat to the layer, and save that image. It’s a instant displacement texture!

Hey Psionic that totally Rocks! That’s a cool technique I never thought of doing that, have to give it a try. :+1: :slight_smile:

It’s the key above the tab key. Try that one. The one just before the “1 and!” key
Still nothing, anybody else using ZBrush in the UK able to scroll the contents of the canvas by holding the tilde key?? Maybe I’m doing something wrong lol :wink:

Yes Blaine, there is a thread about the avoidance of that seam. It depends heavily on the material used on the canvas. There is a thread in the Q&A corner about it and someone even made a script to remove that seam. It might have been Marcus Civis. A quick serach revealed nothing but you might give it another try. It’s there… somewhere. Maybe a good entry for the WIKI.
Cheers
Lemo