Senior Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by feureau
    Yeah, I was wondering about that one billion poly thing. I mean, even the average PC is having problem breaking 6 million poly on Z2. Do we need, like, a gazillion of RAM to come anywhere near to one billion poly? How high a number of poly can an average PC handle on Z3?
    I think maybe it's just marketing talk.. you know, "tastes great, and less filling!".. less filling for sure, but not so great tasting!

They also said Z3 supports up to 256 processors, which as far as im aware, don't even exist.

Member User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by testure
    I think maybe it's just marketing talk.. you know, "tastes great, and less filling!".. less filling for sure, but not so great tasting!

They also said Z3 supports up to 256 processors, which as far as im aware, don't even exist.
    Not now, but remember: in 2004 few even dreamt of dual cores. With advent of new AMD chips, we'll welcome 32 and 64 CPU workstations. And in one, two years... who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by testure
    I think they mean network rendering. So 128 dual core computers...

Not so fast. Intel has a 30 core uber processor in the works. AMD is releasing a Quad core soon.

Default You People Are a Godsend

Free for all registered users: and I thought you developers were all thye same. Thank you Zbrush. Will post work soon.
    No program does it like you guys, believe the hype that is Zbrush.

But, ... isn't how high a poly you can go depends on how big the memory is and not as much on the processor itself?

New Member User Gallery

Never mind the bollocks! the feast is on in may. Good reason to upgrade the old machine

To a certain extent yes. With proper paging to disk of hidden geometry, it's a limit of your ram + HD space. Of course, the speed of your CPU and Disk will determine how quickly you can manipulate it.

Hail to the king baby!

Congrats to all the crew of Pixologic! I cant wait to put my sticky fingers on that billionthing :P

All the best

Member User Gallery

Unhappy

hey... it can not be true!!!!
    I didnīt see anything.... I didnīt see anything... you didnīt see anything
    It can not be happend... it is just another nightmare... zbrush 3 is not here...

please... I need Help
    mercy

New Member User Gallery

Can't wait for this release, looks incredible...
    http://www.game-artist.net
    The "Funny" Competition
    1st Prize - Win Mudbox !

there is usa billion and european billion. they meant usa billion, thats one thousand million: 1.000.000.000.

someone said to me (a programmer) u will need at least 5 gig of ram for just the polygon stuff (not uv info), but of course it depends on the "operating system" and other stuff u have to load.

That is assuming it is real geometry and not some type of new interpolation of hyper Pixo Magic Candy Geometry.

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Hahaha, don't take this the wrong way, but what exactly do any of you intend to do with that many polys?

As for Crusoe the Painter's post about Intel Uber processor, you really missed that one. Intel have the first light/optic processor and progress to putting it in a system is going along very well. Still 5 years out at a minimum though.

You are just going to have to wait, but I can assure you Zbrush 2.0 is the current limitation and Zbrush2.5-3 removes that. Just start working out your projects, get your sketches ready, be prepared to work hard and be thankful a group of people really want to always offer the best tool in the industry. It's a very rare thing to see this kind of motivation after major success.
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Belec
    Hahaha, don't take this the wrong way, but what exactly do any of you intend to do with that many polys?
    RULE
    THE
    WORLD!