ZBrushCentral

Study of Anne *UPDATE on page 2* (nudity)

My inspiration for this work was academic life drawing, I wanted the viewer to feel as if the model was posing for them in an Atelier setting. I’ve been working on this for quite some time and am glad I finished in time for the next Expose, hopefully she will get accepted.
Modelled in Maya, Sculpted in Zbrush, Hair and Rendering in Mental Ray/3DS Max, Compositing in P hotoshop.AnneV2LowRes.jpg

Very well done piece…only her left hand appears to be slightly too large because of the angle. Great job. Maybe you should put a “nudity” tag on also because some people will have to repent after seeing a nipple. :wink:

Plunq,

Wonderful Job… great form, love the position. Though, one thing that stands out for me is… I think you could get more out of her form by cropping some of the space on the right side. I understand what your attempting to do with right side as it is however, I think you’d create more interesting negative space by cropping it in some and allowing her positive/contour shape to be complimented by it thus giving a more appealing look overall. Unless you want to add a lil something to the right side to break up that shape a bit.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more!! Keep posting!

nice!

I’m quite in shock . The most beautiful work that I’ve seen. This is my problem: every good work I see shock me, but this… This is wonderfull… This forum is going from good to great.:+1:

The pose and the skin shading and lighting is fantastic, although you’ll have to work more on the background and the hair.

Congrtulations.

I’m glad to finally see it done Joel! Lovely work man. Work on the BG a bit more and you’ll have a killer piece. Love the subtle SSS

Cheers!

~t

…of a classic drawing simulation, that is perfect :sunglasses:
As simulation of realistic photo, maybe the visage face has not the correct light and skin aspect :wink: (Poser like)
But critic is easy … :roll_eyes:

Great!!
Fat ass !!!
Treadmill, eliminate bread, Thigh master.

This is Eroticism.
Great.

the only thing i dont like, is her hair ;]
nice work :+1:

Very nice model! Very natural looking. :+1:

Thanks everyone! I’m glad Anne is being so well received here.

pride: I’ve had many other people comment on the proportions of the hands, I’ll see what I can do.

AngelJ: Thanks for the suggestion about the composition. I initially wanted a widescreen format but as the image progressed it became less and less wide. I wanted to keep the spot she is looking at in image. Next image I’ll have to work think about my final composition more.

Rimasson: Glad you like her, what would you suggest about the background? Next time I think drapery would suit the theme better? The cg hair was a big challenge for me, I ended up doing 3 versions… although next time things should go better.

Lildragon: Thanks dude! I didn’t want a background that was too distracting… although I think I might play with the textures contrast in photoshop… see if I can tone it down a bit. What would you suggest for a backdrop?

Frenchy Pilou: Thank you very much! As you said, for a classic drawing… I would like to get into realistic photo renders eventually, but for now I am studying academic drawing and am trying to take what I learn and transfer it to the digital world. So, your comments are very welcome.

bicc39: uhhhh, ok :slight_smile:

Okssipin: Eroticism? uhhhh, ok…

Slocik: Thanks, hair was definetly my bane on this one. But I did learn a lot, so next time around…

KrakenCMT: thanks, that was the goal all along :slight_smile:

I’ll be back later with updates.

It is refreshing to see a study done that looks like a “Real” human being. What I mean by this, is that it looks like it has been based off a real life drawing/study with someone actually sitting for the artist. It reminds me of life drawing class, back in art school. So often we see idealized models/studies, where the model has perfectly pert breasts, often oversized!!

This has a really great sense of realism.

Wonderful :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I Totally agree very refreshing to see and “Real” woman! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Ok, so after all the wonderful critiques I’ve been given here and at other forums, I’ve been busy updating and hopefully making Anne look like a more polished piece. I’ll let you be the judge. Fixed proportions on hands, added new background, brought back some fine detail that was lost in original comp.

Oh and before I forget, I wanted to thank my Awesome wife for all the help (especially with SSS) and prodding she’s given me! Thanks Bronwen!

Elixir: Thanks Elixir, the challenge for me, is to get a model to look more natural and realistic without going into that uncanny valley. Anne, is not photoreal, but done in a realist manner.

Harmonic: Thanks! I’m glad you like her.AnneV2LowRes.jpgtop-icon3.jpg

Wow this is really wonderful… .very natural and beautiful!

Looks great now…I like it better than most of the “photoreal” attempts.
More of an airbrush look than pushing around a lot of photo textures. Great job!

Yup :+1: The ‘only’ thing that jumps out right now, is the SSS on her right hands fingers. Can you decrease that just a bit more? Especially the pinky, as the SSS is too strong there and it ends abruptly between the top and 2nd knuckle. You’re most likely using a map to determine where and how strong the SSS penetrates, so it shouldn’t be to hard.
Otherwise bud, tis a beautiful piece Kudos

~t

SolidSnakexxx, pride: Thanks guys, glad you like the update!

Lildragon: Tito, Tito, Tito… what am I going to do with you?
I’ll give it a bit of photoshop lovin’, but not sure how much I can get done before the Expose deadline. Deadlines at work are looming and looks like I’ll have to hold off on major updates for Anne. Next time though