ZBrushCentral

Zbrush for Bipeds Videos

I produced a series of videos for people that need help making a Biped out of Zspheres. It shows you how to use shapes rather than mash allot of material on a mesh using the Zadd Zsub. Also touches base on modeling from a reference and making multi sub objects out of Zspheres.

Only Zbrush was used. No external programs;)

Reference does not count lol.

Hopefully it helps. It was probably the most Challenging Video I made. Because of the problems with the rig, at first. If you don’t have a good rig your sculpt will not survive The pose!!!
Lesson_Biped1.jpg

http://www.houseoftutorials.com/page2.html

Attachments

Lesson_Biped2.jpg

Lesson_Biped4.jpg

Lesson_Biped3.jpg

Lesson_Biped3.jpg

WIP post can be viewed here
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=41548

Thx Jason, what a pleasure is having your site…with all those tutorials on…Wonderful!

Going to download 'em right away!

Cheers

I would have expected more people to thank you by now but I guess they are too busy learning from them to reply…Thanks a bunch! :+1: X5

Thanks its NP.
Was also going to add that when you make your hands there is another formula that works really good. Make the Base Zsphere 3/ 5 / 2 For the palm and 0 / 0 / 0 for all the fingers. when you get to the Rig part of the video you will understand. Both forumlas work good. Just 3 /5 /2 make a little lower poly.

Jason
Thanks for the Biped tutorials they are great. Easy to follow.
Al

Thank you very much it is very reasurring thta there are still a few good tutorials out there

Thanks very much

Hi, Jason.

Thank you for the tutorials. I am going through your biped movie that uses Moldy Tool 2. You say to place all the components under ZPlugs but in your video you go to ZScripts to load it. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

~S.~

Not really moldy did not have an autoload that shows up as a button in Zbrush. You have to go fetch it manually using the open script. Not sure if that has been fixed but the version I was using was missing it.:wink: Just by placing something in Zplugs don’t always make it auto load. I’m totally Zscript Stupid so I won’t try to answer why that it don’t autoload;)
Just use moldy as a crutch until you get the Feel of Zbrush with Bipeds. Its more of a tool than a end all solution. :wink:
Enjoy the lessons

Thanks, Jason.

Keep up the good work. I get it now.

~S.~

good stuff

Jason,

When I try to load Moldy into Z3, Z3 crashes. Is this a problem on my end or is Z3 not ready for Moldy?

~S.~

I’ll try to answer that question without laughing

Nope I’m laughing

Na its not going to handle moldy;)

But instead of using moldy try using image planes from the wiki;)
Until I get a tut around for image planes

Thanks, Jason.

I was going through your ‘Perfect Biped’ zsphere vid to see how much of it works in Z3 but I have lost your reference images of the female that came with the original download. Where can I go to find those?

Thanks.

~S.~

http://www.houseoftutorials.com/nolinking/bipedfiles.zip

I will be intrested if they work with the wiki tut let me know;)

Jason,

The images work as planned (as textures in layers for reference) however, when I get to the point of selecting a zsphere for the root sphere and drawing it out, the ‘xyz’ button in Transform/Modifiers is greyed out so that it can neither be turned on nor off. Do you know why?

Thanks!

~S.~

Hey Jaz,

Thanks a lot for all the videos!
I haven’t been through all of them yet but they sure are very helpful!
Especially the Topology one! :wink:

Cheers Man!

Kevin

weird they locked out the xyz modifiers on sub meshes.
Wow what were they thinking there i wonder.

thanks for all those lovely tuts

Jason,

About the ‘xyz modifiers’ - I noticed that when in preview mode, the xyz modifiers are available (not ‘greyed out’) but when you return to the zsphere view, they become unavailable. Also, I’m sure you’ve noticed that there is no ‘Accurate Curve Mode’ or ‘Smoothing Curve’ function.

~S.~