ZBrushCentral

Make an apple

Ok, I needed to get a grip of the projectionMaster so I made an apple. I didn’t care as much about moddeling as texturing.
I got quite happy of how it came out and wanted to share it to you, at the same time it’d be cool to see some others make one.
[ATT=]apple.jpg[/ATT]

Attachments

apple.jpg

Hi, Mulgrom:

I liked your challenge, so I decided to try an apple, too. Amazing…it was almost as hard to model this apple as it is to model a face.

Jan

Apple_ZBrush.jpg

Attachments

Apple_ZB_Polyframe.jpg

Here is my apple :smiley:
I made it in 30 minutes :smiley:
Hope you like it :smiley:
[Apple3.jpg]

Wow, what a lovely green! 30 minutes? It took me four freakin’ hours to make mine!:o

I’ll be so glad when I’m more proficient in Zbrush.

But I got inspired and made a floating bowl of apples. :smiley: Don’t y’all love Zbrush’s masking and deformation features? Come to think of it…don’t y’all love most everything about Zbrush?

Jan

Attachments

Apples_Bowl.jpg

Reverie, THANK YOU!
Actually I`m new to ZBrush!
You made me happy :smiley:
Finnaly, someone likes my work :smiley: :cool:
Looking forward to see more of your posts :smiley:

Keep walking…

Mine :))

Attachments

screenshot_04.jpg

posted someone :smiley:

Mercy me, what people can think of to do with an apple! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[color=black]Dani, I look forward to seeing more of your posts, too! :+1:

Mine’s rotten. :smiley:

Well, it’s a damn fine rotten apple. I love that paint job. :slight_smile:

I hope I’m not being forward, but…I’m going to try to upload the apple I modeled, in case somebody wants to paint an apple but doesn’t have time to model one. It ain’t that great an apple, but it can be re-sculpted. It’ll have to be divided about 4 times.

This is my first time uploading a ztl/zip file, so I hope it works.

This apple is free to be used in any way, if someone has a need for an apple model.

Jan

Thanks Reverie for the ztl file and the positive comments. I think your apple looks fresh and tasty. For me it is easier to make a rotten apple than it is to make a shiny new one. If I have the time I may try again.
-regards

You’re welcome, cmurray. :slight_smile:

And there’s no way I was insinuating that you, or anyone else, couldn’t model their own apple. The quality of work here…well, it’s just amazing. That’s why I’ve been hangin’ around. :wink: Lots to learn and lots of people to learn from.

It must’ve took some doing to model that bite somebody took out of your apple. I admired your modeling job and was wondering how you managed that bitten-off look.

I’d just noticed on one of the other challenges that there was a zip file for people to download and modify and paint if they wanted to. I figured I’d ante up and do the same for this thread.

And I appreciate you saying my apple looks nice. Personally, I thought it looked like it had the mange. :wink: My knowledge of materials and texturing is quite scant.

Didn’t mean to get so longwinded. Must have been a preacher in my family tree somewhere. I’m not going to try to find him though – it don’t pay to look too closely at Southern family trees. Sometimes you don’t find much of a fork, considering we’re inbred and all that. :smiley:

Jan

apples are for eating

Attachments

dofapplesmall.jpg

Looks good! I like the apple, and I love the wood. Did you do this with Zbrush 3? Damn, I wish they’d send me that freakin’ email!

Jan

Nice thread idea…
here’s mine

apple_web.jpg

Reverie

wood done in 3ds Max8, just a simple texture. then depth of field rendered in Photoshop with DOF Pro. Actually a really simple render.

Here is 6am and this make my first smile day!
Andreseloy

I must admit that anytime i see your work run with it: How Bozzie made this masterpiece?:smiley:

Thanks for your message.
But no i use 3ds for base mesh for all objects.
I like the Zbrush render.
Sorry for my poor english…

Thanks, Boozy, for the compliment on the thread idea. :smiley:

Your apple design is different and unique and eyecatching, and the worm looks like he’s really crawling. :slight_smile:

Jan

My first attempt using zb3… some multiple renders and a bit of quick compositing in photoshop. About 30 minutes total: