ZBrushCentral

ZBRUSH FORUM CHALLENGE - Show your first work!

Hi all, I was scrounging around my collection of backup CD’s when i stumbled across somthing that brang back some memories, my first three attempts at zbrush,which were also my first 3 attempts at 3d, done back in the day(some time around mid 2000, i think with a demo version of 1.13 maybe?) I had completly forgetten that I had made these and i also apparently, had forgotten how much i sucked back then. If i remember correctly I didn’t even know that there was a layer pallete when I made these.
user_image-1054379792wps.jpg

If anyone else wants to share their first attempts at the program we all love, post them here, it might help some of the newbies realise that there is light at the end of the very long newbie tunnel.

hehe , the oldest I could find arent that old , most of em were saved on another computer which I now dont have anymore :frowning:

So this would be the oldest I still have… but my former images were much much worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Some person has many luck to possess precosious talent :cool:
Pilou

hi hitch, i just receive ur reply msg cos was sorting my pc these few days as pc was down. As a beginner it so interesting to c the first work of Zbrush xperts. Talking abt first work? :eek: hmm i only start zbrush recently, not as experience nor talented as u all. :smiley: Embarrased to say, :frowning: only did 3 works so far. Here is my first work done arnd ten days ago when i first accidentally discovered this amazing cool :cool: product… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lol, ever noticed how in all our old pics we find some excuse to not have to do the ears? I’ve used headphones, used alien ears, placed the characters hand in the way, and used a helmet to cover up or avoid doing ears. None of my old heads have ears. That griffin, is not bad :slight_smile: :+1:

David

My first completed ZBrush image. :slight_smile:

Be sure to check my Renderosity gallery for other such gems!!
:wink:

My first ZBrush piece,though I’d spent many
hours prior playing around and getting familiar with ZBrush’s tools first.

Nice to see all your first efforts too, and seeing how you’ve all progressed since.
Well done :slight_smile:

very funny thread i like it!this is my first!bye
(:])

1st saved demo pic:

1st one posted to zacademy two days later :D:

• juandel

I think that was this one :slight_smile:
Inspiration Leonardo Da Vinci draped :smiley:

original and link :slight_smile:
Pilou
Ps Image has losted light and cleanness with successiv compress !

This is my first image.
:stuck_out_tongue:

First finished image 09/02…

March 25, 2002

Hi.My name is shikuri. :wink:
I am one in the first stage when this picture is existing.
This image was made from the demonstration version of ZBrush1.23. This is made of two parts which are the head and the body.
At this time, I did not know adjusting the numerical value of a polygon yet.
Therefore, neither a hand nor a leg was able to be made satisfactorily.
And adjustment of a lighting was not known, either.
And how to change the size of a screen was not learned.
The background was made from photoshop.
And while it has been poor also at my English, it is not progressing. It does not change with this time …

SHIKURI’S HOUR :slight_smile:

Shikuri, that’s awesome, lol You are like a Zbrush progeny :wink:

Here is if not my first Zbrush image, then likely the second.

yestday,i just konw z brush,and the frist time i start to use it.i don’t konw how to modeling,just use some brush do the speedpainting. i saw there are many z brush master here, i hope i can learn more.

That’s really great painting, Zhuzhu! And welcome to ZBC. :slight_smile:

I hope you will have fun modelling, just click on a sphere tool and draw it then in the Transform palette, click on the Edit switch (it’s just below the first lit up cursor). Or hit “T” on your keyboard.
Click outside to rotate. Draw on the model to model.

Modelling is very simple, you just use the 4 modes in edit mode, each have their own function although most people just use Draw (the cursor +) and Move, second after cursor.

Experiment and see what you like for yourself, if you really want to see a great modelling demonstration, download Ken Brilliant’s alien script. It’s awesome!

You can find it here: http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005141&p=

Have fun!

Hi ZhuZhu
Welcome aboard!
Great painting :cool:
Have happy Zbrushing !
Pilou

Greetings. ZBrush is some nifty stuff… I don’t remember my tablet feeling so comfortable since my first experience with Painter a few years ago… Here’s the 2nd document that I saved (overwriting the first without realizing the model I was working on was history) - :slight_smile:
:wink:

Hi Don’t
Welcome aboard !
Super first work :slight_smile:
Nice yellow smyley :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile: :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:
Have happy Zbrushing :cool:
Pilou