ZBrushCentral

Zbrush Relay Challenge III

The relay file can be found on the following page:

www.dzip.ca/fileupload/relay.php

Please tell when you picked up the file.
Please add this link in your post when you uploaded the file again. Thanks

Ok, file picked up. 10/21/06 @ 10:36 am Eastern Time.

Droped back on server. 10:59 am.

I made him look a little tougher.

image1.jpg

I got it.

edit

Ok. I added some polygroups around the mouth/nose region to help support some definition in his face w/o having to go very high poly (and make the file size unmanagable for the relay)

Relayfile_2.jpg

File Picked @ 10/23/06 2:15 PM (GMT+1)
Droped back @ 2:25 PM (GMT+1)

I’ve made him a bit friendly hehe…

oops! I forgot to post here.
I picked up #2 and did some damage.

Did you pick up the one above, X-treme?

Hehe, no problem Dave, i actually founded it very funny when i firstly downloaded it :lol: .

Anyway i started with #2 (aka Normal looking one) and make some changes at cheeks and eyes…

File Picked at 17:20 PM (Europe Time) 10/24/06
Return at 18:40 PM (Europe Time )
Hello ZBrush Artist’s

So, i add some Polys to make something like a helmet. The chin is a little bit longer and the eyebrow a bit deeper down.

Hope i dit not to much.

Greets

Roland Kaiser

Switzerlandrealey 5.jpg

picked up Relay#5
this is number #7
i uploaded Twice, ignore file 6 pick up #7.

[img]http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/4839/relayfile7tq1.jpg[/img] some final adjustments [img]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8995/7headwk5.jpg[/img]

Looking good.

Ok, I pick it up…#7
12:59 PM
Just to let you know, I am a Newbie… so I’ll try not to mess it up too much…I love the helmet type thing, it was made with the displacements in projection master? I still don’t under stand that thing…

ok dropped it off
1:37 PM
I didn’t do too much, except opened his mouth a bit.made him look a little pissed…lol
Relay.JPG
I didn’t dare to do too much, cuz this is just a great model, i just want to be apart of it somehow…will there be a body? maybe for challange 4? How about some texture?

Hi EDrake69,

here ist just a small Tutorial for you ( i know, it’s not the right place for Tuto’s).

So i did everything with hide or unhide of new polygroups.
This groups i inflat in or outword ( Toolpallete / Deformation / Inflate ).
Used Edge Loop to add new Polys

HELMET TUTORIAL.jpg

STEP BY STEP

1. make new Polygroups ( Toolpallete / Polygroups / Group Visible )
  2. hide the face part and inflat the un-hidden group twice(full level) outwordli
  3. make Edge Loop with Crisp on
  4. now you have that
  5. make Edge Loop
  6. hide new Polygroup. Inflat un-hidden group twice (full level) inwordli
  7. Make Edge Loop with Crisp of and than crease
  8. so, now you have that
  9. make another Polygroup and hide the rest. Inflat it three times
  10. make Edge Loop with Crisp on
  11. now it it looks almost like this

I hope this tutorial is helpfull for you

Watch my Robot. I did all with this tecnique

Greets

Roland Kaiser
Switzerland

Attachments

hellraiser_robot in town_bluelight web Kopie.jpg

Hey thanks… I wanna try some of that stuff, but it seems like it could get a little confusing… If it’s not too much trouble, could you turn it into a script, where i could physicly watch what you’re doing?

Hi EDrake69

I made a Script now. Download both files (head.zip/TXTDocu)
Start the script and when you have to load the Tool, than load the Head
Tool.
Hope this one is now hopfull for you.
( By the way, sorry for my english grammar)

Greets

Roland Kaiser

keep it going!
I love where this is going!
Dd
:+1:

Thanks again Roland… I’m going to check into it tonight…i was checking that loop thing -a- ma- jig…earlier…from the script built in.

I got just 1 question about that method, How did you seclect a group, and keep selecting to add to that group. The only thing i can do, is select a piece, with (CTRL+Shift) and if i hold and left click again, i can switch inbetween the both… How are you selecting them and keep adding them to creat the pattern you wandt?
P.S. I also know this isn’t the tutorial spot too, but i just figured that this is basicly linked to the model head, and i just wanted to know how it was done and the buttons to use it with… I got some of it down now. (Basics) what are the buttons? Also, is anyone to to add to the model? is everyone done?

You don`t add, you hide until only the polys you want to group remain visible, then make polygroup.

If you don’t add, you hide…then how do you hide them? when i select a group, and there is a couple that i want gone, i can’t just hide 1 at a time. When I try that, i select that one, and the rest hide… Am i explaining this right?:lol:

it this the end? will anyone pick me up for another neat, cool, hip transformation?