ZBrushCentral

I have a great Challenge for everybody!!

I want to see some of the pro’s come out of the wood-work and try to recreate a Boris Vallegio piece, or a lewis royo piece… love to see that!!! If someone is interested and you do create a scene, can you post the original picture from where you got it from…I’d REALLY love to see Auric (sorry if i misspelled) try this…i love your work guy.

Images on Google:
http://images.google.com/images?q=Boris%20Vallegio&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N&tab=wi

Yea i know about that, i want to see someone actually model one of his or royo’s paintings, or drawings…are you going to?

I am not that experienced at this but I am going to try to do thise piece by Boris.
boris_vallejo_bw_048.jpg

i have a boris book. im gonna try and take a stab at that challenge.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but most of the people here are striving to develop characters, styles of their own. Why copy something, putting hours of hardwork into it when you could do your own work. By all means, use the pose of the character and critter as both are usually involved in a Boris. I love his work and his wife’s poetry and have quite a bit of their stuff around. :wink:

Jason I am not in the game field as of yet, I’m still in school for it. But it is my understanding that in most cases the 3d modelers develop characterss from other peoples artwork on the project. So what better way to practice than to try and duplicate one of the best fantasy artists of all time. By the way I admire your skills and respect your input but I just wanted to try this.

Boris Vallegio piece, or a lewis royo
Frank Frazetta :rolleyes:

Well then I’m with Frenchy Pilou, emulate Frazetta and you will get a job anywhere you go. That man’s ability still defies classification. :wink:

Definitely have to second the FRANK FRAZETTA vote!! Might as well try to emulate the fantasy guru who really molded the fantasy genre.

That being said, it wouldn’t be a easy feat by no means. Love to see those that have the ability to try.

If I succeed at the Boris sketch I will definately try to do one of Frazetta’s pieces. I am not saying that I can do either one but I am going to give it a try at least. If nothing else it will get me more experiene at modeling, and if it does turn out it might look good in my portfolio.

Light nudity :slight_smile:
One
two
Three
four

Modeling Zbrush --> Rhino Nurbs—> Rendering Carrara–> Painting any prog :slight_smile:
marcel is a very special artist :lol:
I don’t know many as him for sculpting like that!
See my section Albums / marcel inside my signature for many more images not all Frazetta of course :wink:

Those are some nice examples Frenchy from Marcel. I enjoyed the first one and third one the most. Though I could see frazetta doing the pose of the victim getting cut in the throat lil more dramatically. Like his head thrown back and arms flailing as he falls backward. Still those are some very sweet creations definitely something to aspire too!!

Here is what I have so far it is taking me a little while to get this attempt done but it is coming along. Let me know if anyone wants any different views, and as always crits and comments welcome.
front_back_side.jpg

Attachments

head_front.jpg

head_side.jpg

you have to fix the proportions, its not even close to her body, plus she is more of a warrior and yours is like a housewife or something, cheers :slight_smile:

Erm, well actually I would listen to him. Your knees are way too low on the leg, the feet are too small, the lips are positioned odly on the face…

the most important thing is to just have fun with your art. you should try to achieve the best anatomy you can, but thats not easy, you can sit there for days at it, and by then you would have gotten sick of the piece. just keep practicing and have fun is the most important thing. :lol:

Pixmaker i do have fun with my art but whenever i post anything to these forums everyone is so critical about every little detail that it makes it hard. But i personally think that mywork has improved vastly from when i started and is not too bad for not having any formal training in 3d or much of any training in art at all. Im not even through my first year of video game art design as of yet. Squash and stretch what i meant by my post to warpy is that if you look at the things he has to say about others works and then look at his own he is probably not the best person to be listening to about anatomy. And yes the model is not turning out exactly like the pic I chose from borris but with the pose she is i it is hard to tell placement and size of some details until i get her in pose as to compare. But the knees are located where they were on my reference images i used fo the base mesh.

mnmava,

Keep up the good work! Very nice start, will enjoy seeing more as you move along. This is a tough challenge attempting to tailor a piece after such talented fantasy predecessors that molded the genre. As pixmaker said, continue having fun and taking the crits in stride. Keep working toward your goal of becoming better and better while you finish one piece to the next and you’ll do fine. You definitely won’t please everyone all of the time and everytime you show a piece of your work doesn’t have to feel like its a art contest. Most times its just best to compare yourself to yourself, as long as your improving from what you have done to what your doing now then your on the right path.

Apply the crits if you feel inclined to the current piece or to the next piece depending on what your trying to accomplish and if you agree with the crits given. I think your got a good foundation to work with, if your going for a primitive female warrior type maybe think of areas where you might want to bulk up that make sense for a female anatomy such as the hips and legs mainly. However if your keeping them on the thinner side since bodies do come in all shapes and sizes, might want to add sinewy musculature look and definition that gives the visual appearance of strength and power in the legs and maybe parts of the back. Again this is all at your preference and what you want to accomplish with this piece.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more!