ZBrushCentral

- Monk -

hi everybody,

this is one of my latest work, it’s a Monk type of character.
i used XSI for the modeling and Zbrush for the head texturing (color map + bump map) as well as some slight reshaping of the head.

i hope you guys like it.
C&C are very welcome. :slight_smile:

sven

Monk_Totale_low.jpg

Attachments

Monk_Close_Up_Lowres_low.jpg

Monk_Turntable.jpg

Good work D-E-A-N :+1:
But I think, this lips too red.

very nice but he’s missing about 2 heads to be proportionnal he looks like he got his feet cut off!(if you check the size of his head there is only 6 heads fitting in).
Other than that he could be a bit dirtier a the bottom of the robe (like dust). :slight_smile:

Great!!!

…monk! :cool:

wooooo !

top row for sure :wink:

see ya around bro !

I agree with Lil’sis, he’s a head or two short. Great model and presentation. If you’re using this for your reel, don’t forget wires and texture maps. Did you model the entire body and then drape cloth or model the cloth around a reference? Really really nice cloth flow, the specular on the texture seems a little off. It seems a little more like leather in some places. Great facemodeling! Is he supposed to be Carlos from the Bourne books?

Andreseloy

hey guys, thanks a lot for taking a look, i’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:

@Daemon3d
i’ll try to tone that down a bit, thanks for the hint. :wink:

@Lil’sister
yeah right, i will strech him a bit, but not too much i guess, because i don’t want him to have the typical “perfect” proportions, i think it looks more natural that way, like in real life where you have so many different sizes and proportions. :slight_smile:

@bicc39, Frenchy Pilou
thank you.

@Drummer
thanks man, nice to see you here around. :wink:

@Firerbert
i modeled only the head for his body and then the cloth directly in pose. i didn’t use any specific references for the head or the cloth, just general stuff about faces and clothes here and there.
sorry, i don’t know Carlos from the Bourne books, do you have a link where i can see an image of this guy? :slight_smile:

regards,
sven

No link really. They made TV-miniseries and of course the Bourne movies (but the movies don’t even bring up the character, shame). Should read the books when you get time, much better than the movies. The character, Carlos, is an assassin that poses as a priest, or monk, as his cover. Your model instantly hit home for me as what I would picture Carlos to look like.

hey D-E-A-N

i was shadowing your WIP and finished threads of this piece on cgtalk and had to say something once i glimpsed it again today. I love it. if i could do half the work you pulled out, id be elated with myself to say the least. can you give a rundown of your take on texturing his face specifically please? i’ve been attempting to use antropus’ technique but haven’t got results like yours as yet.

Thanks for sharing man!

sorry guys for my late reply…

@Firerbert
ok i see. thanks for the information, i’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

@morph106
thanks man. for the texturing, i used antropus technique in combination with Ryan Kinglein’s technique, you can see them in action at the pixologic homepage.

here you can see an earlier testrendering with the monks head only:

Head_Hair_Cropped_Low.jpg

Hi DEAN,
The head looks really great.
may be some more SSS would be nice ( especially on the ears). But i know you have finished this dude ;).

Lovely. Judging him by his chin he´s about to get
out his artifact crossthrower throwing holy water
nades at the evil stuff crawling up on him.

How about giving him that somewhat typical haircut,
with that distinctive bald spot? Could look interesting?

Even thought he´s hooded?

Cheers

tim

D-E-A-N,

Wow! Really great face. very natural.
~BW

Dean,

This figure is great, and proportionally right on. If you estimate his head size based on lower chin and eye positions, and not his hood mass he’s easily 6.5 heads tall. That’s well within a natural figure range.

D-E-A-N

pulled my wife away from supper to view your works also. We both love it:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Easy on the eyes and realistic. No neg Crits from us.

thank you very much for sharing,
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

thanks a lot guys for your comments and for taking a look at my work, i really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

@ncollings
hey mate,
thanks for the hint. i’ll try to do this for my next character. :slight_smile:

@Tim Leydecker
i thought about that too when i begun to work on him, but he looked kinda weird with such a haircut, so i decided to go for a more “normal” looking style.

@Mr.Monster
thank you very much, i’m really glad you like it. :slight_smile:

@jkushwara
yeah right, thanks for your comment, i think the same.

@Ron Harris
nice to hear, thanks a lot for the kind words. :slight_smile:

regards,
sven

Sven, do you mind if I use your Monk as an Avitar. I think it is extremly good. Please let me know. I wanted to seek permission.