ZBrushCentral

New beginner Lesson Videos for Maya

I sat down and produced some lesson videos for my class in maya.
They are for people with little too no understanding of 3D at all.
There is even homework assigned in the videos;) lol please dont email me your homework.

anyway enjoy the videos and thanks for all the great email. happy learning;)

http://www.houseoftutorials.com/page2.html

Is it allowed to post tutorials other than ZBrush?

All roads lead to Zbrush my friend.
Trust me by the time I get to lesson 8 it will be head modeling

But other than That I just Posted

The human Study lesson 6
The human head

This will go on to making the whole human body correctly. with good topology and design. After the head though, I will be introducing Zbrush to my class so it might give you the chance to learn workflow alot better.

Lesson 7 will be UV layout
Lesson 8 The bust (intro to Zbrush)

I got it. Thanks.

Thanks a lot for these tutorials. They are well done and quite helpful indeed!!! :smiley:

Thanks very much for the very very useful tutorial, believe me is not frequent to see tutorials that take in care the more obvious things of a program and you did it in a master way!
Andreseloy

ps: your website is plentifull of high quality art

thank you thank you twas nothing.
If everyone shared just one thing they exceled at the internet would evolve us in ways we couldn’t imagine;)

of course the blog has set us back a few notches on the evolution tree;)
Good thing WIKI was their or we would all be chimps.

I have added some Orthographic Views to the site that might be useful. They are the human rendered out in wireframe highres. Sadly the only program I could find that would preform it without render node hell was poser. If you read my comments on the site you will find my distaste of using such a program. But when in rome I guess would be the case. I used it as a tool not a way of art;)

I just got done with lesson 7 and lesson 8
Lesson 7 covers Aligning you characters facial feature based on Andrews Lewis approach of measuring (Andrew Lewmis was by far one of the best instructor of art and produced some of the best drawing manuals I have ever read;)

Leason 8 Is a UV lesson all UVS done by hand in the UV editor

and finally lesson 9 will be Zbrush intro using the head as a base model.

Then 10 and on will go through the rest of the body
hope ya enjoy so far

@cannedmushrooms…i dont know how to thank you my friend… u r simply great…i am learning maya…and i am completely new to it…u are a beautiful help that i was looking for for a month…keeep up the good work

God bless you my friend…:slight_smile:

Two new videos were added to the site.
Biped body modeling
and hands
Thank you for your kind words, it’s because of the audiance I do what I do.

opps lesson 11 is still uploading its 10:18 mon oct 31st Should be up in an hour past this time;)

god bless you!
Andreseloy

wow…wow…wow
your site is absolutely growing superbly…thanks …thanks…thanks…and thanks a 10000000000000000000times…

i only have one small complaint …
the "hands in zbrush ref files…

http://www.houseoftutorials.com/3Dtutorials/RolyPoly.zip

this is missing…:frowning:

Please please please…i wanyed to learn lighting in maya…can u teach me radiosity, mental ray, photons, final gather, occulusion…it could really help me

the comic painting zbrush video can not be open, error “corrupted file”.
btw thanks again!
Andreseloy

ps: can i suggest a tutorial for the management of the hypershade editor window?
i dont nderstand when you try to add a shader to another one and then there is a window with input and output…remove all, clear ,etc…

both problems repaired it is rolypoly.zip now BTW :wink:

zbrush lesson 104 has a huge amount of shader editing :wink:

I Released The 2nd UV video First, When you have no option but to use the first UV square the trick I show you works ever time. I warn you it is not for the fate of heart. But it is a good trick to learn when your dealing with a game engine that doesnt know what the heck a UV set is;) Anyway enjoy the show and the site has a little supprise for you when you walk in the door.
Happy learning

sorry…:frowning: , couldnt come online…, yes , tomorrow i am gonna be online just with the site…http://www.houseoftutorials.com/page2.html

boy oh boy oh boy oh boy…what on the earth am i seeing there…:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Zbrush Training videos for the absolute beginner!..:o …alll new, alll mine…:slight_smile:
maya …new 5 tuteeeeeeeeee…for me…just for me…:wink: …wow , wow, wow…
u see you are my teacher…just how wonderful you are…:):+1:

hey…i am making some good progress in maya…:), learning to model simple things… cars and humans no details though…by the way …please please please teach me lighting in maya…
i am currently in an institute paying 20,000 for maya and 10,000 for max…(indian money) …well the faculties dont know about lighting at alll…:((, so they skipped that …in maya and max…and in max they skipped rigging…the lighting part i somehow managed to do…thoough i still dont know how to do it…
you see …here its very difficult to find one who teaches you things properly…:(, there are institutes though which require you to pay 50,000 to 1 lakh for max or maya…its the same there too…and i cant afford that much tooo…:(, so paying 500 to 1000 on net per month and downloading stuffs from you peoples and learning things…thats why i told you at the begining…
“you have no idea on how you are helping me…:)”…
keep up the work

well Im glad they are helping
Looks like the coffee is good where your at also lol;)

I have been wanting to cover both lights and rendering for awhile now I am no expert by all means but who is;)
I also need to make some videos on portfolio development so Rendering and lights will have to be covered first anyway.

My site is getting very cluttered looking so I’m trying to get the site to be easyier to look at;)

thanks , thanks, thanks a million…can you also give me some good tute links on the lighting stuffs and skinning the characters toooo…
and i have a few questions…
1.how to put that realistic human skin to the characters?
2.can i use mentalray for all my rendering needs?
3.in my area they say…(edge extrusion methord) is the best for modeling like face and all…is it so…?is there no alternative…?, they regard that methord as high as possible…and say that u can make a high detailed character with that…and industry follows…bla bla bla…

ummmm…thats all i can think of now…i will ask them as soon as my little mind gets cluttered again…:slight_smile:

ok…one more…
Can i model vehicles using NURBS …is it ok…some say , that you cant attach all the surface and those edges will stand out and the model will look bad…? is it so?..

once again , thanks mate…:slight_smile:

If you have ever wondered about UV groups and the correct way to layout UVs.
This is the video.
The last video was tricking The UVS into using ever bit of space and was meant for advanced layout. Game engine mapping. (lesson 14b) where UV sets wont work.

This one is for the artist, where details are the things that matter most.

Very informative. Keep rocking…