ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Vehicles and Machinery • 08-25-03 to 09-08-03 (Closed)

I wanted to thank all the participants of the MNC-Full Figures Zifs:

andreseloy, kokoro, ArfGrat, vox, kircho,
PusGhetty, juandel, Mentat7, manou,
ZAMMPABOLLOS, KenH, Ron Harris, artboy21,
RAMSESIIV, andreseloy, juice, Stolen_Goods,
havran, Mik, gwot, Polaris30, The Namek,
deepsea37, pigma, Bonecradle, BigMike,
Ctrl-Z, froyd, Sandro Borg studio, and sarabel.

Excellent turnout and even more amazing
entries. Cheers everyone!.

So, it was decided that those who we would
have chosen to continue the next challenge
were not in the chat tonight so we came up
with the next one…

Using some of the excitement of noba’s pixoracer…we are going to do…

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200308/user_image-1061867859odd.jpg[/img]   

Anything… spacecraft, tools, weapons,
any and all land vehicles (or water)…
Go crazy everyone.

…and the parameters are:

:large_orange_diamond:This is going to be a completed image.

Time to work on lighting, rendering and background.
You know, on land, under water, outter space, inner space ;).

:large_orange_diamond:Can use any and all [i]native[/i] zbrush tools.

Lets try to keep the Adaptive zsphere structures going.
This is optional though.
Considering what has been covered toward the end of the full figures challenge.
Things are going to get pretty exciting.

:large_orange_diamond:Last but not least, impliment a different stroke type

somewhere in the image and explain where. Strokes like planar, or drag-dot.

Thats it.

Good Luck and Happy ZBrushing!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Lets try to keep the Adaptive zsphere structures going. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? does this mean we should use zspheres ? or should we not ? sorry, my english is not good enough to understand this.

kokoro
“This is optional though”

Du darfst ,aber du müst nicht.

Okay that’s probably wrong , too long since I’ve written german :stuck_out_tongue:

every one can enter the challange?

Astral…yes, anyone can enter the challenge. Hope to see your works there.

Great!
But dont expect astounding work :slight_smile:

Ammmmmmmmm,
you write “weapons”
did you meant swords axes and stuff like that,
ot tank and stuff like that?

Astral, if you don’t expect it from me then I won’t expect it from you :)))) All kidding aside, the challenges are not really set up as competition but as a learning and growing experience for everyone in the zbrush world here. I personally learn somethign new just about everyday with zbrush and I have been here for a while. Challenge not contest. Look forward to everyones work. Time for work in the real world. LaterZ

Edit…
Astral, I think that is left up to you to interpret as far as the weapons…This challenge has a bit more liberties left to the artist.

Here’s an image to start things off.

thanks the namek, for the translation. if you are interested, it is “musst” not müst, all other is perfect. :slight_smile:

Well, thanks guys for helping to clear up the gray areas. As for the weapons…we already did that in the last MNC. I mean weapons like tanks and submarines and aircraft. You can go fantasy too like an anime mecha. Remember, its vehicles and machinery.

Good luck yall!

ok now i will start on my project!

Here is my work,
i hope to get better until the deadline and do something much better :slight_smile:

Alright,
I think I’m on track. My beanie cap is the vehicle.

And the decorations were done with a straight line stroke with 3-D objects.

here is my hot car-rod :smiley:

[img]http://www.cyber-webs.com/zbrush/juandel/hotcarot.jpg[/img]

argh-forgot about the stroke - well, there was spraystroke used to create fogalpha :slight_smile:

edit: now i scr*wed it up with dragdot stroke plus carottified it a bit more:

• juandel

another edit - how done:

• created carrot shape car incl. axes, adaptive skin, density 4, other settings default
  • ring 3d/mask all, some fiddling with selected + row + handmade additional masking for the inner part + inflate/inverse mask/deflate operations
  • selections->make alpha->alpha make texture->fill canvas, fill one gap with simple brush->mrgbzgrab->texture make alpha->ring3d selection alp->edit mode, select black colour, fill, invert mask, fill with white->clear mask
  • sphere 3d, initialize z=25, place marker, place marker for ring3d, move while in multimarker to fit onto sphere or vice versa ->make polymesh
  • place marker for skinned carrot seen from above, place 4 tires, mark them, multimarker, adjust tires, make polymesh (i think it was 60000 or so)
    road was done with plane, texture is the tire ones, inverted, h+v texture sliders increased. goofed up on perspectivity fit with the car.
    background: spheres with grassy texture, deformed in editmovemode on own layer, fiberbrush with continuous colours and flat mat.
    on yet another layer i spraystroked fogalpha with simplebrush, grab with autocrop off.
    metal parts on car were done with simplebrush, zadd off, m-only.
    rabbit done quickly with a few spheres. 1 pointlight was placed close to its face, it would have been inside shadows otherwise.
    best render - voila :slight_smile:

very funny juandel :slight_smile:

artgraf, propeller beanie is cute. :slight_smile:

vehicles are difficult, i think. do not have much phantasie on those…

THIS IS MY CAR¡¡

121 Welcome

Some pretty interesting and ingenious entries here so far. Nice going folks! I had better get my butt in gear!
:wink:

Well I thought I would try my hand at this…many failures on my part…grrrr so I said to myself, “Self, why not do something familiar to practice with. Why not do your own Ford Bronco II Suv, Self?” So I tried…she aint pretty, but neither is the rust bucket in the driveway…snicker…but she is at least paid for…The body is squatty I know…I made it from a handdrawn zbrush alpha in the general shape. Tires are deformed torus’s etc…nothign new here…but I normally dont do vehicles and stuff like that…so it is a challenge for me.

and…this is my motorcycle in the rush hour¡¡¡