ZBrushCentral

old school wolfman wip.

Hey there,

started playing around with that one last night.
it’s early days, have not finished the modelling yet, still lots to do.
but still wanted to post it to get some feedback and critics as I go along.
I 'm aiming for an updated version of the old wolfman look.

thanks for looking. oldschoolwolfman wip.jpg

here’s what it looks like now.
still a lot of adjustements to make before playing with projection master.
any critics welcome.

thanks for looking
cheers

[attach=40754]wolfman wip 2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

wolfman wip 2.jpg

looks good.
The main flaws I see are the ears being too flat and lacking definition and volume in the up part, and the jaw beeing too sharp and straight in the side view

crits ?.. are you kidding?
The facial anatomy is dead on. Beautiful work bro,great character.

Fantastic sculpting!

I do agree about the ears. Just looks too straight and rigid compared with the organic flow of the rest of the face.

hey happy Zbrushers!

thanks for crits and compliments,

Have not really adressed the ears yet, too busy working on the face and getting stuck in the details,
here’s another view,

might get back on it later on tonight.

have to run and pick up the kids,
Thanks for looking. wolfmanwip3.jpg

looking good so far. Can’t wait to see more!

… type in Google word MANIMAL. There is one Japaniese artist who is realy good in mixing man and animal, and you can get some ideas to avoid classic warewolf look.

wow great!
i love it!
Alex Oliver

halfway through detailing , still modelling, I would love to have enough time to put some hair on it.
Have to say, The speed and potential of Zbrush is extremely impressive!
I never did 3d modelling before trying this and it’s a wonderfull tool .

thanks for looking. wolfmanwip4.jpg

I went back to work, sculpting real clay , thinking, I could use that alpha now but it doesn’t work quite like that in the real world!!

i don’t have a lot of time left for myself, but I will update as I go, i might have a go at colouring or texturing as you might say, Would anybody have an interesting looking skin-like material that could be passed on??

thanks for any comments or critics.

and thanks for looking.

wolfman7update.jpg

here a link with a skin shader + tutorial, now post some pics of stuff you did with real clay to pay me back

http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/picasso/tutorial.htm

really kool work so far !
I can’t wait to see more !
it rocks :+1:

thanks karimz, looks like a fantastic tutorial, just what I needed,
I would gladly post some of my real work here but it’s not zbrush,it would be outside the boundaries of the forum wouldn’t it?
You should have a look at my website, most of the stuff I’ve done is there.

Drummer, thanks for your compliment, it pushes me to keep at it and betterize it all!!! ( is that a word?? should be I think)

thanks for looking.

wow, your website is amazing, so many great stuff!
here’s another shader you might like, it simulates clay.
It’s very nice, I’m using it currently with great results you should try it out.

It’s from:
http://www.antropus.com/

ZBrush_clayshaders+lights.zip

hey all,

I had a go at texturing and rendering, thanks to all the very valuable info I was given by fellow zbrushers from everywhere, (thanks KarimZ).
I feel like it’s a little bit out of reach for me at the moment, I can’t spend as much time on it as I would like to, but still, it’s here for you to have a look at .
Thanks again for all your comments and advice.
I had a look at your work, Drummer, and was extremely impressed!

will post again soon I hope.

thanks for looking.

wolfmanrendertest.jpg

looks great!

I really like the color sheme.
The blue film on the skin is a nice touch too.
Is it from the lighting or part of the shader?
What was it rendered in btw?

Pretty hard to critic something this good, but if you have time maybe put some sss on those ears and the reflection on the eye where it meets with the eyelashes…but those are just nitpicks. Maybe the nose could be a little more wet too…

Glad I was usefull, I’m new to zbrush too, judging from how good your work is, it’s going be your turn to help me now

looking forward to updates

You are definately getting to the other side of the rainbow!!!Great stuff!!

Never spotted this thread before now, your texturing is spot on in the not-too-much not-too-little scale. The modeling is great too further back. I’ll keep an eye on this one.

When you’re doing the fur I suggest a handful of short hairs around the upper lip and maybe some random very very short hairs on the ridge of the nose as well to communicate “part dog” a little more. On first glance i thought this was something more like a LOTR orc, obviously that won’t be such a problem once you get to the hair part!

Keep it up, looking sweet.

kick ass. old school! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: