ZBrushCentral

The Great Mythical Mama Ogre!

Hiyas!

This was to be my submission for the Blizzard Art Contest. Unfortunately, the submission page has been a bit borked for the last few days and I haven’t been able to enter (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=29653267&pageNo=1). :frowning:

I wanted to do something original and I thought Ogres could use some lovin’. :slight_smile: Maybe a Gargamel parody could make them an Ogrette. :wink:

I had fun regardless of whether or not I can enter.

ZBrush + Photoshop render:

ogrette.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

face.jpg

ref.jpg

comps.jpg

clothing.jpg

zrender.jpg

flatshade.jpg

Absolutely wonderful. And thanks for sharing the steps!
5 Stars!
Lemo

Funny personnage :smiley:

beautifull!!
your workflow to create the cloth looks great! im always creating mine in maya before exproting but it’s hard to control through that process after few divisions…did you get that from a tutorial somewhere (if so could you share it with us :slight_smile:
or if it’s through experimentation that be fantastic to do a more advanced tut on that :slight_smile:
lol…
5 stars for sure!

really cool looking ogre. somewhat resembles an indian divinity cuz of the blue skin.

Beautiful work and very creative concept. Later on, if you wouldn’t mind adding some of this tothe never-ending zsphere thread, it would be great info to help people out. Absolutely wonderful. :wink:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=21407

That is excellent work. Absolutely love it.

Cheers

Mike R

Could you describe a bit the way you attack objects to zspheres and how you succed to position your clothing on your body?

Too bad you couldn’t sibmit your artwork…
But Here we can appreciate it!:+1:

Cool stuff !I’m quiet impressed by your multiple object placement !
We all know that Zbrush is a nightmare with several object !

outstanding! nice texture! it’s as if the char is going to move! nice model 5stars here!

Nice Work Marsyas, looks like you spent some time on it. I had the same broblem. Love the breakdown you did of your work from start to finnish.

Cheers’

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

I attached some zscripts to try to answer questions better.

The “positioning” script shows how I position zsphere tools together in relation to one another. The trick is basically using one marker position for everything. When I’m positioning one tool in relation to another, I have the other tool drawn on the canvas in different views, each view marked with a different marker. I’ll then click on a marker corresponding to a certain view to edit a tool in that particular orientation. The script also shows a little bit of inserting local and connecting meshes.

The “ribbon” script shows how I created flat clothing like the clothing tutorial above as well as how I position the ribbon in relation to another tool.

The “medallions” script shows how I use insert local mesh to create and arrange medallions like those on her skirt.

And the “chains” script shows how I use insert local mesh and insert connecting mesh to create poseable chains.

Hopefully they’re not too confusing. Be sure to click “Show Actions” after loading them in case they whiz by too fast. The “chains” script will also ask you to confirm making a polymesh at one point.

I know there’s also a great multi-marker zscript somewhere for handling multiple objects but I haven’t tried it yet.

On a side note, Blizzard extended the deadline. :slight_smile: http://www.blizzard.com/inblizz/contests/artcontest2006/

p.s. I’ll try to check out that zsphere thread, Jason! :slight_smile:

excellent tip with the zspheres way.
Amazing work also with ogre, too bad about the art contest.

LOVE IT!
Someone is getting lucky tonight.:wink:
Zspheres rule man!
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Stunning character, Geoff - the color-work of your texturing’s great also :slight_smile:

And whata fantastic tutorial! very kind of you to put the time into sharing
your well thought out Ziffing workflow :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

cheers

Chris

5 STars for those awsome tutorials…

Marsyas, thank you! I learnt a lot from your scripts.

Thanks guys! :slight_smile: Glad the tutorials were useful.

Thought I should mention that Global Perspective should be used when placing objects aligned which each other on the canvas, or else they won’t line up properly. (Shift-click the “Persp” button when you want perspective.)

Something else I remembered–for some reason, the Pre-Divide setting for zspheres with inserted meshes doesn’t save with the tool. Therefore, when opening a tool, the Pre-Divide setting will always default to 2. If you changed the setting prior to saving and made edits to the mesh, it will appear that all your edits will have been erased upon reopening. I found however that if you change the Pre-Divide setting back to what it was when you saved the file, your edits will return.

sweet model.
can’t wait to get home and check out those tutorials.

-r