ZBrushCentral

Shaman Troll WIP steps

I will post on this thread the differents steps of my new character.
I want to do a shaman Troll with some Mayanish clothes.
I just started on Friday so now I just have the body. I will add veins and details tomorrow.

Step 01 :

![troll.jpg|1100x552](upload://dEzelDlM5ArWKxmhAuOK4XknPu8.jpeg)

Attachments

troll.jpg

Looking good that’s some solid anatomy, the whole back side is showing more proper shapes than most people usually do. It’s only naturel because we spend a lot more time looking at peoples’ fronts than backs… And I didn’t think a WoW troll’s face could look normal in a realistic model, but it looks good.

My only knit-pick is the way the front of the shin translates into the foot (in the 3-4 view), its very flat and angular and just curves into the top of the foot like a skateboard ramp. I would make it gradually smooth out as it approaches the ankle so you end up with a more cylindrical shape there. If that ends up looking too smooth you can put in some hints of toe tendons fanning out from there towards the toes.

Keep going.

WOW. Wonderful modeling and concept. We are waiting for step N2 :slight_smile:

Refining head and body.

Thanks for the comments Art-Machine. I tried to fix it. I think it’s better now.

I will now start on the props and when the character will be skinned I will add few things on the face and body (more scars etc…)

![trool_step_02bis.jpg|1100x417](upload://bU3PBcSVT2aGBm8lpjcRlxcwTll.jpeg)![trool_step_02.jpg|918x1110](upload://58uh5xgUUKZ5KgDVFlziGrg0V9W.jpeg)

Attachments

trool_step_02bis.jpg

Fantastic! Love the hand!:+1: :+1:

Greg

Amazing model… Really like the details you put in the hand and foot. Well done :+1: :+1:

superb modeling.

I started to put some props.
I still have plenty to do…

![Troll_step_03.jpg|651x741](upload://fCXjAczEiZwCHeAQAscJidAnFSz.jpeg)

Perfect anathomy man!Good work it looks like a Warcraft troll:):+1:

With extra clothing articles and tusks, he looks so great@!!

Really nice work BAd K! is it for the blizzard contest? (because it’s not valid if you live in the province of quebec)

Hehe, it’s true that I’m in Quebec, but I’m not resident, I’m French resident so I suppose it’ll work.
Even if not I will still do it. It’s a good push to do something at home.

Thanks for the good comments.

I have a lot of necklace/feather etc… to do, and I want to add more cloth parts on the top but I’m still looking for an idea :frowning:

looks really cool…do you use subdivs or simple modeling in maya?

Well I’m french and living in Quebec as well, and it’s not your citizenship that’s important but where you live. But since you will still do it that’s not really important then ;).

love it, can anyone explain how to put multiple objects in the scene that you can come back to and edit as you have?

Tonight I felt like drawing so I didn’t do a lot on this model.
Just a small update.

Magician : I put the low res of the props at the right place in max, then I exported them in Zbrush and I created a displacement map.

I changed a bit the proportion

![troll_03_bis.jpg|659x750](upload://ptw9fEoycDJaJTFKqgl21pjhtya.jpeg)

wow - bad_koala -this is looking sweet …the clothes/amor are very cool

This is for hirez right or are you goin to normal map a low poly mesh?

• the blizzcomp is goin to be sick - so far insane :+1:
I added some feathers, not a big update

I will use this coming week-end to do a first pass on all the missing props (will be step 4 finally )

Here are the feathers:troll_03_bis.jpg

Really amazing work bro.

Superb detailing
TD