ZBrushCentral

Manimal-WIP

I started thiss a couple of hours ago-I will post updates as I go

Gregmanamal.jpg

Attachments

manamal.jpg

A trip to starbucks some quick PS horns (just to get an idea of what it willl look like) and an hour later …

More to come…input welcome!

Gregmanimal2.jpg

Nice manimal, reminds me of The Island of Dr. Moreau which I caught part of a couple weeks ago.

A little tighter wrinkles and a QUICK PS paint over to add the color, eyes and horns. I like to work in a non linear fashion when designing, that’s why I throw these temp photoshop paint overs on. Just to get an idea what this thing will look like when I add the horns and texture later. More to come tomorrow.

That’s all for now (trying to prevent carpal tunnel)
Gregmanimal3.jpg

nice head,looks evil :rage:
keep posting:+1:

OK really last post of the day, Heres what he might look like with hair (which I will later do in XSI)

Gregmanimal4.jpg

A first look in XSI. There is absolutely no high frequency detail yet, still working on form and the like. I like to go back and forth between XSI, PS and Zbrush, doing this give me a fresh perspective during the design process.

Gregmanimal5.jpg

I think it looks great so far. Keep it up. What eyes did you decide on?

Looking good Greg!
With the hair it reminds me of Ernest Borgnine from a old movie…:smiley:

-R

Thanks all,
There is a little “Devils Rain” (the Ernest Borgnine movie) and “Island of Dr Moreau” in him for sure. Those great make ups still infulence my design work to this day.

I had no t seen the make up in years so when you mentioned it I had to look it up.

Once the coffee soaks in I will start the detail process this morning.

Gregdevilsrain2.jpg

love it i like the white eye it looks so real :smiley:

I did not get that much done today, but I did get to help out a new Zbrusher (Good hanging out with you Kerry!).

I got a little detail work done on the face. This render is from XSI, I generate displacement maps as I go just and render in XSI to see how the detail is transferring. This also gives me a new “eye” on the sculpt.

This is just a START to the details and it has no real texture maps yet. I just used a generic map that I have to add some color to the Sub Surface shader.

I hope to work more on it this week but I have to get a presentation ready for Siggraph:( this is more fun. It may be a couple of weeks before I updateManimal_SS3.jpgManimal_SS2-t.jpg

love the sculpt, excellent character.

daaaaaaaaamn thats good, cant wait for updates. it even looks good without textures just materials.

Looks great, Greg. Mucho thanks for the lesson and the Z-goodies you gave me yesterday. All very helpful. I enjoyed the visit a lot too.

Here is a update. I have spent a few hours detailing his face, the top and back of this guys head still needs a lot of work. I may have been a little heavy handed in the detail work but between Sub Surface Scattering and the whole ZB to package process I always seem to loose a little detail so this time I decided to push the detail a little heavier at this stage. I think I will generate another displacement map at this stage and then do another test render in XSI to check my Z work.

![manimal_08_07_1.jpg|1100x650](upload://rzh5wE7AQnlPIpeSrgKjYXGaYwX.jpeg)

Attachments

manimal_08_07_1.jpg

I really like the neck :slight_smile: great work, great great work :slight_smile:

Here is a test render in XSI, still a LONG way to go.

![manimal_XSI.jpg|543x652](upload://1A1teTprZgCQ7zR7MFVyahGpGTB.jpeg)

Thanks X titan!

Last render for the night

![manimal_XSI2.jpg|983x803](upload://kiWqYE96VBAxVDHXsn2BMlqUgdk.jpeg)

Hey Greg,
digging what you have thus far. The only thing bothering me is the crispness around the orbit, noticed moreso in the gray shaded version. It seems to falloff very sharply and think there might be a bit more flesh tension right in that area as it goes back towards the temporal bone. Also, the corrugator muscles (i think that’s them there) seem to really sag heavy and are extremely pronounced. Moreso that what I think they’d probably be. These might all be stylistic choices, those are just the only things I can really see crit wise. I know you are going to take this to super high levels with your experience and all! Looking forward to the finished piece!