ZBrushCentral

from the heart of afghanistan

hi all,

this is the model i finished today (been on it for bout 3 days). she is the same woman who appeared on the cover of nat geo. the real pic was photographed by Steve McCurrey. :slight_smile:

i am posting the character sketch i painted in PS before modelling (to understand her face,depth,muscle etc.)since it was a single perspective image.:cool:

the model was made in ZB using Zsherez n then tweaked in maya. the uvz too were layed out there. the drape was made in maya. all textures were done using ZB n PS. the final render is in maya using maya software (man! i wish i knew mental ray pretty well…:o ). post efeects done in PS.

enjoy

3d version

natgeo .jpg

Attachments

natgeo2 copy.jpg

wirez.jpg

hey guys tell me what do u think? ny changes recommended?

Here’s a ref. for all to use for crits.

Great!!!

Obviously the eyes will be mentioned a lot.
They are the reason for the image.
At this point you are a hair away from a fantastic image.
This type of critique sucks.
I quite simply do not know how to make it better.
But it can be.
It should be.
And it is all in eye.
Best of luck and my deepest apologies.

perhaps darker?
Forgive the experimentation.
Untitled-1.jpg

thnx for the response guys

firebert: thnx for uploadng the ref image. i didnt have one on my pc coz all this is done lukn at a book cover (potraits by steve mccurry). no wonder it lacks likeness:( . thnx nyway.

bicc39: i know sumthinz missn. dunno wat. did a lot of xperiments wid the eye but this is the best i cud get!:cry: mayb with the help of this gr8 community i’d reach the nxt level sumday.:smiley: . thnx.

Ash you have picked a great subject there with one of my all time favorite National Geographic covers. Her eyes are really the key. I think you are on the way to a masterpiece/ Thats what MY eyes tell me but HER eyes tell so much more. :slight_smile: :+1:

Great! One of my favourite press photos of all times.
Some years ago, in the early days of Zbrush :wink: (I´m a dinossaur I know…) I made an Afghan Girl image too. You can see it here

tartan: thnk you. it’ll b really gr8 if u cud tell me wat the pic lacks n how do i make it luk better.i know i lack the likeness n stuff n have added a few of my own lil’ changes but do they suffice?:o tell me if i shd put her on the cover of a magzn.

Houdini: thnx. n thts sum gr8 work considering when it was made!!! april 2002, jeeeeez i wish i were tht old wid zb.

here is an update.

added a GI pass , more tweeks made in PS, and put her on the cover (where she belongs):cool: .

lemme know wat do u guys think…

magzn2.jpg

forgot to upload the gi render done using directional lits in maya

gi3.jpg

ny comments??? nyone!!!:idea:

the model is looking prety good id say…
very nice end render aswell…

id say to darken th etextures up abit aswell…and then try a render

time for some new uploads. tweaked the levels towards blue(sumhow skin luks better in tht kolor…dunno why?).

magzn3.jpg

ny suggestions??:confused:

you know its the same person …