ZBrushCentral

WIP: Revisited.

Well, after a long break, too long in fact. I’m putting together a reel, this is a Wip to keep me motivated.

All comments and crits are greatly appreciated. Will be updating as I go along. A full body with nice contrast out of character pose to follow. :) [![head_final copy.jpg|1022x787](upload://918Nud5xlW2fTQPdFUg7R8hw9Jx.jpeg)]![thumb.jpg|340x340](upload://4MFP9oMIa8UydDxDPuBbAnAZJvG.jpeg)

This guy is super expressive, I love his pensive tight lips. The only crits I can think of are real minor, a little more definition on the jawline, a tad more photo ref for the ears, and what is the highlight on the lower right jaw on the forward view. All the important stuff is definately there though. Amazing detail.

Very impressive model. Post some related items that built up to this WIP, i.e. wires, concept, base model, maps, etc. I think this is a perfect example of stylistic work. Keeping it interesting to look at is key and this guy has a lot of character. Cheers! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

The eyebrow area strikes me as a little off. Particularly, the creases above/either side of the nose seem too far apart, creating that square area of flesh that looks a bit unnatural.

Also, around the mouth there seems to be detail on the photo texture that isn’t on the 3D model.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your kind comments. I’ll post more later on. As for the strange ring light on his left jawline, just some strange lighting.:confused:

I’ll be adding hair for eyebrows and so forth, i see what you mean though, he needs way more detail in my opinion. Better get back to it.

small update. some wires and future pose. Any suggestion for what I should call this piece let me know. :smiley:

[wires.jpg]pose.jpg

Great work. Very expressive. :+1:

A name:question: “Waiting for Godot”

He’s a grumpy lookin’ bugger :slight_smile:

Great pose, and nice sculpting/modeling

My one critique would be that his lips are a little thin. Perhaps they could be a bit fleshier?

Love the pose! How did you rig him?

Too be honest I wasnt a big fan of the head post, but the body and pose is simply amazing.

looking forward to updates.

That’s a realy great pose. Even if you do nothing more with him, you would have a great piece :+1:

my only little crit would be the lower left arm, it seems a little short in the left side view. but hey, great work.

WHOA, dude that is some insane work, how are you so good???

hey thanks! I used a simple biped and did a quick skin, nothing perfect. I don’t plan to animate him so I just throw and edit poly on top. Also Zbrush is great for do quick edit with the move tool.

i’m trying to decide on giving him denim jeans of poca dots. Hard decision.:lol: