ZBrushCentral

Will Zbrush 2.5 make you a better modeler?

I think Zbrush 2.5 is revolutionary but is it going to make you a better sculptor/modeler.

Something to ponder until the release. Any thoughts guys and gals.

If it can eliminate the stagnant CG elements to being creative… yup.

I started off with zbrush my first 3d app because it was very easy compared to other attemps at , shall i say traditional 3d modling.

Now im using hexagon 2.1 its made me a better modler because iv had to think about the edge flow and using much more calulated methods to create 3d objects as wel as using more refference images. Zbrush is only as good as the person using it but can inspire some users to create stuf that would take alot of effort in other apps. Zbrush 2.5 will make life easyer and faster for me and inspire me to try different things.

To me a good sculptor is one that has a good eye for anatomy, enjoys it and can apply it into 3d, clay or what ever he chooses to use to express his art with.

For me is to make it as easy as working with clay. I think there are alot of traditional artist like myself have been held back by the non-artist friendly
tools in most 3d apps. Add on that the polygon limit of today apps and it stops alot of great artwork being digitally produced.

It seems to me Zbrush 2.5 has lifted the barrier and some amazing artwork will soon be produced.

No. The software doesn’t make the artist. Its a wonderful tool but you still need to work at it. Everything seems to require hard work in art.

You said it yourself ,ZBrush is liberating software for traditional artist who never would have used 3D-software, for its strange set of polygon and/or patchtools…but it does not give you a new insight into anatomy or proportion !

jantim

No, it will not. Having the proper tools though will save you alot of time and headaches, just do your research first, and take your time.:wink:

If Zbrush can eliminate most of the CG faux pas of sculpting/modeling, then yes, I can see it “allowing” people to be more creative without the need to focus on the mundane and archaic tasks of vertex pushing and edge-flow concerns. Giving an artist more freedom to sculpt and experiment in 3D will definitely “allow” artists to improve quicker.

The software itself won’t make you a better artist though.

I just wanted to elaborate a bit more on the statement I made in my previos post.

If I can finally run it on my Intel Mac, then it will. :wink: ZBrush was the one casualty of selling off my PowerMac G5 while it was still worth decent money.

NOpe… i wish… Just the same, buying Microsoft Word wont make someone into a great writer.

If Zbrush has made someone a better artist. then they probably invested some time into practicing.

Zbrush does give artist grreat tools for sculpting. saves a lot of time.

depends on your definition.

by modeler do you mean sculptor or do you mean technical guy who models low poly perfection for someone else to make beautiful.

with any tool you are as good as the time you put into it, and if you don’t learn the basics first then how is a tool gonna help? if you don’t know anatomy…even zbrush won’t save you. you still have to understand anatomy and how it relates to edgeflow or viceversa.

it’ll make things easier perhaps for you to achieve those goals but you will still have to put in the time and effort to learn the basics.

if you watch the VFS students here progress from time they come to visit to the time they get too big oops I mean busy :wink: in their hot new careers to visit and show off…you will see that hardwork is what it takes. Talent definitely is a beautiful thing but even talent must work.

ok enuf blathering…probably didn’t even make any sense hahaha oh well.