ZBrushCentral

Post you Zbrush tips here.

Ok well alot of other forums have this so why not one for zbrush.

ill start. My tip is; always look at you model from all angles while sculpting because what looks good in one view could be totally wrong in another.

Please post more tips here

What about putting this type of stuff on the Wiki? www.zbrush.info. :slight_smile:

r

always look at you model from all angles while sculpting

… in real sculpture too :wink:

If you use the Bracket keys [ ] to adjust your brush size and you suddenly find that your model has lost symmetry for no apparent reason. Hit the P key there is a good chance you’ve accidently changed the pivot of the model :wink: . I know it sounds stupid but I dont think Im the only one who would get confused by this. the way I fly on my keyboard without looking im sure I hit all kinds of buttons that I dont mean to.

ok well heres another to get this thread started.

if you sculpt in a high subdivision level before adjusting your model in a lower sub lvl you will notice a ‘blocky-ness’ about your model.
it is always better to go through the sub levels and adjust with the polygons you have.

pinch + inflate work the same way regardless if youre in Zsub or Zadd mode. However with ALT pressed, they will do the opposite.

Agreed with Evan Gaugh i encounter that mistake too:D and when i press the “[]” the tutorial view pops ups sometimes…better way to adjust your brush size is to right click or press S in keyboard.

Oooook… there are so many tips I’ve learned the hard way… here are some very basic ones:

• Always save your models along the progress with different names or numbers (ei: model 1, model 2, model 3, etc) Svengali's [PSNAP](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=26981&page=3&pp=15) script is awesome for this and it saves it at it's lowest subdivision -Saves a lot of space!- / Also check [Aminuts plugins and zscripts](https://home.comcast.net/%7Eaminuts/favplugs.htm) (Awesome)
  • If you don't use PSNAP... aaaaaaaaalways save your model at the lowest Subdivision level -If not, things can get crazy-
  • Ask all you can in the forum, there's always someone nice enough to answer
  • Be careful when you hide a parts of your model when it is at a high subdivision because you can miss a point and end up with a displaced point and cause what I like to call "the crazy poly sindrome"
Hope it helps

PS
phudgey Great Idea :+1:

Yees- fullak!
But sometimes is necessary to rotate the model normal to screen.
You can accomplish this by press Shift+LMB+release Shift (while still holding LMB !!!)
This is one of the best things in ZB and, of course not to forget - the snapping into the nearest orthographic view while LMB+Shift.
I’m always missing this ease of order when I’ve to work in other 3D-Apps :frowning:

so far…
kel

Guys, Guys, please put all this stuff in the WIKI. That’s what it is there for.

It’s just going to get lost in the shuffle here.

These tips where helpful! thank you thank you for the [ ] hotkey on drawsize! that saves so much time and helps my work flow!

Did anyone put this in WIKI?

Great Advice Evan, I constantly have that problem and just had to retstart from where I saved last >_< and did not know about the “S” as well :smiley:

What is ‘LMB’?

LMG = Left Mouse Button.

another tip:at first your model will always look rather primitive but carry on with it, you never know, you could be sitting on a gold mine.