ZBrushCentral

Active annotation of ZScripts

I was thinking…Is there a keyboard function that, when modeling, something can be pressed that opens a window for one to type notes into the generating Zscript? That way one wouldn’t have to disect the ZScript afterward to add notes. If there isnt a way…this would definately be a plus for future scripting abilities.

thanks

I have been after a feature like this for a loooong time. There were even a couple of threads discussing something like this . At one point such a feature was being tested in one of the betas. I do not know how far it went or if Pixologic is intending to include it in a future release. I do know it caused issues with the scripts. But who knows…maybe if we ask real nicely and roll our big Z-eyes Pixolator will bestow such a gift on us. :slight_smile:

grumble grumble grumble
Thats cool I guess. Would really REALLY love to see this implimented. Would save TONS of time! :frowning:

~Rolls BIG Z-eyes at Pixolator~
blink blink blink

I agree…and it would open the door to zscript tutorials to the ZScriptic Impaired (like myself :smiley: ). That is the one thing that stops me from making more tutorials simply because I don’t have the time to run through the code, figure out what is happening where, and annotate it.

You probably both know this :slight_smile: but for anyone else reading this there is a little trick to help in annotating a zscript. Simply press a button you would not otherwise use, whenever you want to add a note(should be a button that does not affect subsequent drawing(like Replay Delay)). Then Quickly scrible down on a piece of paper what you want to say and continue modelling/painting. When your finished open the Zscript in a text editor and replace all occurences of that ‘special’ command with what you have written down.
Just make sure you can read your own handwriting :wink:

Can’t remember which thread I picked this tip up from, it was a fair while back I think.

But yes it would be pretty neat if Zscript annotation was built into Zbrush.

would really like to know what key that is.

Hi :slight_smile:

It is possible to interactively insert notes into a recorded ZScript by following these (previously undocumented) steps…

1. Load the ZScript that you wish to annotate in ZBrush.
2. Begin ZScript recording.
3. Optional step: Set the ZScript :small_orange_diamond:Replay Delay value to about 500 in order to slow down the replay speed.
4. Press ‘Play’ to begin a replay of your ZScript.

5. While your ZScript is replaying and being rerecorded, you may insert notes to the recorded ZScript by pressing the CTRL+SPACEBAR keys. This will pause the script and display a text-entry dialog box. Type the text and press OK ( repeat as needed). When done, press the CANCEL button in order to dismiss the dialog box and resume recording. Repeat step 5 as needed.

6. When done annotating the script, Press the ZScript :small_orange_diamond:End Rec to terminate the recording and save the new annotated ZScript.

You may now test your ZScript and - if needed - open the ZScript in a text editor and modify the inserted notes.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
-Pixolator

Note: Version 1.55b does not record notes that are already available in your original ZScript, therefore, you need to fully annotate the ZScript in ‘one-pass’. Any corrections or additions to the notes should be done within a text-editor. (Next ZBrush version will rerecord the notes of the original ZScript.)

Wooo hooo!! Gonna go play now…thanks O’ Grand Pubah of Pixoldom!!! :+1:

dances and screams in joyous praise

ummm…nevermind

Doesn’t work for me.

Do you load the txt file or the zsc?
Can this be done after ZB has been closed and reopened?

I press ctrl+spacebar and nothing… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Okay well I got the window to pop up but now it wont take the text… :frowning:

hehehe…Mike…follow the steps exactly. You load the script then press the RECORD button, then press the PLAY button. :smiley:

I see…I’ll try that
…nope…record is grayed out.
Still wont take the text when I press okay
…too tired…will try tomorrow…

sounds mega :cool: !

• juandel

OMG!

This feature has been around science 1.55!

LOL!

OMG, I finaly got up enough nerve to open up the Zscripts and do it manualy…

My next Zscript tutorial is going to be very nice!!!

Thankyou very much for this!

I give this thread the :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:+ Rateing!

A Must read for every Zscripter!

thanks again :smiley:

humm… very usefull information.

Is another tips to clean a script “interactively” ?