ZBrushCentral

Joker supervillain

hey everyone,
messin around with an old head in Zbrush …started looking like joker so I went with it :]
base mesh and hair in max (seperate render) renderd in vray and comp in photoshop

[Joker.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘36482’,‘Joker.jpg’,1,0))

That’s a fantastic expression. Great work!

Wow, he looks vile! Great look! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

i really love that hair. how did you get it to look so real?

Awesome, the expression is perfect.

Yeah you gotta tell us how you did the hair.

The expression is wonderful, but it’s the makeup texturing that I find stunning. I’ve tried to get a near-white skin shade before and failed miserably. It either looked grey and dull or too bright and white. But yours … wow! Those subtle wrinkles and pores and just a hint of skin showing through around the nose. Respect! :cool:

Very cool interperation! He’s one scary Joker! The hair is really well done. What did you use?

Dickie

You captured the creepy smile perfectly. Nice work.

zomg lol that isss soo nice lol very good :smiley:

Very well done:+1: the expression and hair looks great!!

Wow, that’s one evil looking joker :slight_smile: Very cool. I love the facial expression as well. :+1: :+1:

Hey Man,

Great expression on his face. I really love this peace. I think it needs to be in the Gallery. I am loving it.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

I like it, I like the facial expression, the texture and the fact that it’s not the long face joker we’re use to see in the comics.

Suggestions: I think the piece would gain ALOT if you would work on the lighting. Right now it,s almost flat lighting. Something with more contrasted shadow and bright areas. And if you don’t want to tinker with lighting , just playing with photoshop a bit would probably do the job.
Also, it’s a miner detail, but the shape of the hairs on the upper left side look squary a bit, like if he just got out of bed or something. I think it should be rounded to follow the head shape…

Anyways, that’s real good job man!

Thank you for the kind comments :]

for the hair i used max hair and fur (I can post screen shot of the hair settings?? nothing special hardly evr get them to work) rendered as a separate pass

I got stuck on the hair, if it helps anyone that dosent know hairs only cast and self shadow with target spots in max (took me ages to figure out):lol:

JR Gauthier - thank you for the suggestions ur 100% right, I have added a backlight, a slight colour adjustment and i think it helped alot…thx

[Joker.jpg]

This is a really fine model. I love the lighting and the detail around the eyes and nose is really impressive. Just one thing, I would personally make the chin a bit longer (but thats just my himble opinion). Excellent work. :+1: :grimacing: :+1:

Sure id like to take a gander at those settings for the hair if you dont mind

MINTY - didnt want to change the bone structure too much but thx

Rols574 - no problemo,

HairSettings.jpg

-FooD i got a small question im a max user aswel and you said you renderd the hair and fur in a separate pass right.
so i wanted to experiment with that aswel because hair and fur usualy drives me insane.
so what i did was create a sphere real fast and added the hair modifier.

then i went to render elements and added hair and fur.
but my render box is al black did i do something wrong ?

hey Prayer

what render are u using? do u have a light in the scene, not sure what the problem is but try render it without the render elements do u get hair ?

hope it helps

Unique looking Joker and you nailed him perfectly! He looks as scary as this cross-eyed witch I used to have nightmares about when I was a kid, and that’s freakin scary. You can tell he is NOT planning anything nice. The hand of cards is a real good touch… sets off his expression and the mood of the scene real well.