ZBrushCentral

Where to start

I have just discovered zbrush and am excited by its possibilities. I gotta admit, it looks intimidating, any suggestions on how to get started in the right direction. Just browsing around the application isn’t working for me. A gentle push in the right direction would be a big help, thanks, b2l :qu:

Hi!
I just discovered ZBrush last week and you can see what I already did in these few days without previous learning of the program. Z is really powerfull but at the same time is incredibly easy to use. Don´t get intimidated by the interface, it´s some kind of “ugly” but it´s the most practic you can have in organization…really!!
I guess your user name will change to Born2Win in a few hours :slight_smile:

P.S.- To learn read this carefuly http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000049 .
And post your works :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi there, and welcome to the fun!

I recommend starting by using the ZScript palette to open the 0-ZBPIndex file from within the ZBrush_Picnic scripts. Run the script and you will be walked step by step through a picture that uses a lot of different techniques to really get you started in the right direction.

quicklinks, prcatice, practice, practice, zscripts, tutotials, and more practice.

I’ve been browsing the forums, now I’m wondering if the demo is enough to get started with. Am I getting ahead of myself? b2l

if your a Newbie or advance user these are the Best
ZBrush 300 page manual
ZAcademy_PDF http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003739
look at the Top Post in UPHAM Post for the downloads

im usin the demo ,until i can get a job next year when im old enough, and then im gonna buy this awesome program
You can use almost every feature in the demo and still make great test projects. Its a great demo but (to me) probably doesnt even compare to the full version.
I suggest trying Zbrush and then if you like it (ull probably be addicted), buying the full version.

welcome!

the demo will work fine to get an idea what its all about - you’ll love it, get addicted and probably go for the full version within short time :smiley: to be able to import textures and alphas might be one of the reasons to do so (as this is disabled in the demo as far as i know)!

welcome to the right place to get all your answers solved if possible… aurick and the others are right…first start watching the zscripts…read past topics…ask alot of questions, and read read read… its not a hard program to use if you put a little gut and sweat into it…lol… hope to see some of your post real soon…

Thanks to all that replied to my plea. Plenty of info to get started.Looks like I’ve got a lot of reading, and testing to get up to speed. I just got the hang of using software from “coffecup” and now that I can create a flash, animate pics, avi’s and movies, I feel that I need to create some original material, models, backgrounds, special effects, ect. that I think ‘Zbrush’ and and lots of advice will help me aquire. I will be asking a lot of questions,and based on the response received from this thread, this just might work, thanks again, b2l