ZBrushCentral

Question: Only keep the head of a model?

I started building a model of a complete body, but as I was working I started to dislike the body and I want to continu on the head only. How can I erase the body, just to keep the head?

Hello. Wrong forum (this one is for creating scripts for ZB).

To answer the Q, though … hide the bits you don’t want > Tool > Geometry > Delete Hidden.

I’m sorry for the wrong post… I’m very new to zBrush… I don’t even know what Scripts are… I did what you said, Moochie, but when I move the head around, it doesn’t have it’s own central point, it turns the same way as it turned when the body was still there… Is the body now permantly deleted?

Heh heh … no worries.

Scripts are a great feature of ZB … they allow users to record modeling sessions, which you can then share. Because they’re text files, they are very low memory. Most cool. You’ll find quite a few in the Help section of ZB itself, and loads on this board.

To switch the centre of gravity for what’s left of your model, just press the S.Pivot button (right hand vertical menu bar, by default).

Thx, man… :wink: zBrush has such ‘abstract’ names. I’ve seen the movie of the fish being modelled. I just tried to copy that by pauze and play. That’s all I know for now… I hope to learn it very soon.

Thx for your fast replies. :wink: Really helped me out :+1:

Not ‘abstract’, just abbreviated. S.Pivot = Set Pivot. If you hover your mouse over any button, the full name appears. And if you press Ctrl, you get a detailed explanation of the tool.