ZBrushCentral

going about commanding the 'whole' tool selction window....

hey there :slight_smile:
Curious whether anybody knows the command for the tool/alpha/stroke/material ‘pop-up’ menu. I’m aware if i wanted to call the ‘simple brush’ for instance i’d write…

‘tool:SimpleBrush’

… but what would the command be to pop-up the whole tool selection window? I have tried the holding crtl method to find the name of the command but I only get the specific tool or alpha and not the selection window as a whole…

… any help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

You can use the window ID instead of the path for many ZBrush interface items but be aware that the ID can change depending on the current state of the interface. You can find the window ID by placing the cursor over the item and viewing the Preferences>Utilities>View Window ID slider.

For the large tool thumbnail this is 29901. You will get some success for what you want if you use the [IClick command:

[IClick,29901]

but calling the pop up in this way is problematic. Depending on your code, you may find that the pop up doesn’t stay visible long enough to be useful, or that the tool you click is not selected.

cheers for the heads marcus :slight_smile:

I couldn't get the syntax correct for the 'IClick' command but still had success just using the 'IsetHotKey', ie pop-up menu stays open until item is selected and so far each selection made has stuck. The only issue is how the 'material' menu works. Each other menu (tool, alpha, stroke and texture) pop-up regardless of pointer position but for some reason the 'material' will only pop-up if the pointer in NOT over the canvas :confused:. Otherwise The material defaults to 'flat color'. ...... thanks again.