ZBrushCentral

Sophia: CG Girl WIP for Animation (Nudity added)

Update on 06.16.2006:

Hi all,

this is the first personal work I’m doing since I moved back to Brazil in March. This is an update of a quick ZBrush head I created time ago using a base mesh modeled in Maya. My intention is to create a realistic character for animation, using an improved version of my facial rig created about 3 years ago and used on this animation test: http://www.antropus.com/videos/plumber640x480.avi

Some details: base modeled in Maya (the same base mesh used on Rick Baker’s portrait :slight_smile: ), fully sculpted/modified in ZBrush, rendered in Maya/MentalRay using fastSkin shader with HDRI + Final Gather + one back light for lighting. Textured using both the technique I showed in my tutorial and ZappLink. Still lots of things to fix and improve. I’m using this model to learn more about the SSS shader possibilities and my intention is to use the same setup on Rick’s portrait (yeah Rick, I’ll finish it one day :o ). I’ll try to keep this thread updated as soon as I have more stuff coming for this project.

-Krisicon31.jpgasiangirlwip_018.jpgasiangirlwip_019.jpgasiangirlwip_020.jpg

I’ll be watching this thread. Glad to see you posting again. I remember the first time I saw that face rig setup you have. I was blown away. Keep up the good work.

looking awsome kris… can’t wait to see more!
my only crit is… you dont think the top lip is a little too big around the central part? other than that… great job… always love your work!

lookn good Kris nice to see you back around the forums. :smiley:

Good to see a new post from you again.
One crit - maybe - do you think the eyes angle downwards too much towards the nose? - maybe it’s just me…
Looking good so far though. I like the way you’re able to use a common base mesh to create Rick, or a girl - cool. I hope you will finish Rick sometime too.

Keep posting please - I always look forward to your posts as they’re so inspiring.

Jit.

Hello, Kris!
Would you show the base mesh?

Looks like your onto another winner here Antropus, It’s looking fantastic. looking forward to the updates. Top work mate. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very fantastic work! I’m not sure if you really need the extra extrusion created bumps on the forehead. I haven’t seen that many skulls that do that. They tend to be flat on the forehead for women. Do you have any views of it without the textures?

Thanks for all the comments. About the eyes, she is a little bit of asian. You can see it better in these images where the model have no textures.
Here is the lowpoly model and shaded model with no textures. Screen capture from Maya viewport.
The topology of her forehead is just to allow me to get some wrinkles in that area. They didn’t show at all but they are there for custom facial expressions if needed (and I know she will need :slight_smile: ).

-Krisshadewire.jpg

Simply amazing Kris. I think the lips are especially well done. Can’t wait to see her animated. I have come to expect nothing less of you!

Great texture work and a fine presentation.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

…the new Steven Stahlberg brother :wink:
Your plumber animation rocks :+1:

Very nice!! :smiley:

I loved that facial animation you did and can’t wait to see it done with another model. Your posts are allways an inspiration, glad to see one again! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great work Antropus !

I personally think that there’s still something wrong with her eyes and the skin details in terms of difference in color tones, imperfections and overall color. Also about the eyes… at first sight, I thought… ok, let’s say she just looks up but looking closer, even if she 'd look up, I don’t think she’d look that way. I did a quick paint over, photo montage in PS to illustrate better what I’m talking about:

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, I might be totally wrong and a women like this really exists.

Jacques.Antropus_Asian_000.jpg

I hope this isn’t too much to ask, but would you mind looking at my male character I will be taking him into zbrush soon, for a technical skinning, bodyworld style.

I like the redder lips by the way, its a tad too red in the paintover. This makes the lips more alive. More blood I guess.

The Antropus work gets better and better everyday. Nice girl endeed… is she born in his imagination or use some real people as reference?
Can´t wait for the next update… :roll_eyes:

FelixCat

Top Row! How many textures? Just one color or several for diffuse, epidermal and subdermal? The lips are amazing. Have you thought about reducing the top lip? I don’t know if it would look better or not. The best thing to do is walk away from it then come back. Then add some hair. :smiley:
Next time record your work, everyone would love to see how you work.

I love it! Very good work man.

The eyes in the left one picture look a little off to me. Like the top is too ‘chubby’ and doesn’t arch as much. (I guess it’s a bit hard to describe in text :P) Otherwise great model man! Can’t wait to see it all detailed out.

metric,
thanks dude. Love your work!

stumpf,
thanks and congrats for the top row. Neat stuff.

Frenchy Pilou,
nah, some day I’ll get there :slight_smile:
Glad you liked the animation.

eof3D, Plakkie
thanks a lot!

The ripper,
I love your work man! Thanks so much for taking your time making this paint over. It surely helped! I tweaked the eyes, changed the SSS color for them, changed the size of the iris in both model and texture, changed the iris texture making it a little “deeper”, added more specular in her face, tweaked the color balance a little, added some planes for lighting and reflection (a little too much right now), lips a little bit more red and so on :slight_smile:
I don’t really like the shape of the eyes in your paint over. She looks a little crazy (even if I know these are real eyes :smiley: ). Other than that, it really helped me to improve it a little more. Thanks alot man!

womball,
sure! Send me the link and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

FelixCat,
this girl came from my mind but I used references as base for some of the facial features. They came from asian girls but also from other girls from around of the world. It’s a big mix :slight_smile:

rad66203,
right now I have maps connetcet to the overall color, epdermal and subdermal scatter colors, same map for reflectivity and overal specularity weight and a bump map. All kind of simple and all of these maps can be improved. I’ll do that when I start working in the fine details for close ups. About the top lip, nah, she looks hot this way :wink:
About the hair, I already started some researches but as you know, it’s not a easy task…
About recording my work, man, I’m super slow.
Seriously, takes me a long time and tons of render tests, model tweaks, texture tweaks. It’s pretty boring :slight_smile:

EvilSmiley,
I fixed a bunch of stuff and posted the new images at the beginning of the thread. Maybe it looks better already. Let me know.

Still a lot to do. For now I’ll keep tweaking it!

Thanks,
-Kris