Senior Member User Gallery

Very nice work, Antropus.

Theripper, good touch-ups, it looks more natural this way.

Hope to see that project achieved soon !

Bye !

Member User Gallery

Olá Antropus. Tomei a liberdade também de fazer um paint-over:

antropusasian00021by.jpg

I think I prefer the way her eyes were originally. Makes her look softer. The wide eyed look makes her look a little to intense or shocked. J

Guys, guys... please, there's no point of making paint-over of a paint-over for the OLD model
    Thank you for your effort but the model was already changed quite a bit since The Ripper's paint over. On the other hand, as I said before, she do look kind of crazy in that paint over!
    Take a look at the updated model posted yesterday on the first page, then, if something really doesn't look natural, make your suggestions but please, I'm not going to change the concept, only fix things to make her more realistic yet beautiful. What I've seen in The Ripper paintover (which surely helped me! Thanks again) was more about the size of the iris, specular and some more tweaks but she doesn't look beautiful as I want

EvilSmiley,
    thanks!

womball,
    before you bring it to ZBrush, try to have the model totally proportional already. Check some references to fix the proportions of the chest, legs etc... maybe a blue print? Then, with all fixed, you don't need to worry about major fixes. You can just have a great fun time ZBrushing it
    Looking good, keep it up.

MAN!!! I saw your website and I already knew some of your work (the old man). I love everything there! I wish I could learn to make such impressive work. It's kind of a dream for me, really. If you were located in California I would surely get lessons with you guys Congratulations for the beautiful work! I'm a fan

kostia,
    sure, I'll prepare a screenshot.

DigitalDreamer, VVDFX, baker17, turx
    thanks a lot guys!

Drummer,
    this limbo is just a background added in Photoshop, just to avoid the plain black. I'm using only one light for backlight. The light sources are a HDRI map and 2 frontal white planes as light sources (similar to area lights).

Davlin and Darkshift,
    thanks but as I said before, the paint over was made over the old model, not the one posted yesterday. Just take a look

-Kris
    Last edited by Antropus; 06-17-06 at 11:38 AM.

User Gallery

Kris, it's sooooo inspiring...I wish if I had more time to get into home projects...
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    Crytek Budapest

Certified Softimage Trainer

many thx for your answere, bro !
    we all can learn a lot from your art.

keep it up

lighting.jpg

skinshader.jpg

Here are some screen captures that maybe can be helpful. All maps are temp. I'll keep working on it. The bump map will gonna be generated in ZBrush, after I add all the small details, like pores, wrinkles and stuff. Then, instead of displacement, I'm going to use the map as bump back in Maya.

Thanks guys.

-Kris

Kris: She's an angel, Bro... Your talent is boundless...I learn so much from studying your work. Thanks for sharing your work flow...

Dickie

Great piece Antropus. The other thing I admire you for is the fact that you always share your workflow when asked. Keep up the amazing work. *****

really cool setup there kris... and thanks for sharing... really looking forward to seeing this one completed! does this model have a really big scale? im wondering why you set the algorythm so high? as the result is fantastic.
    Last edited by baker17; 06-17-06 at 05:51 PM.

I`m glad we can inspire each other. Do you have a traditional sculpting background? Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Antropus
    Guys, guys... please, there's no point of making paint-over of a paint-over for the OLD model
    Thank you for your effort but the model was already changed quite a bit since The Ripper's paint over. On the other hand, as I said before, she do look kind of crazy in that paint over!
    Take a look at the updated model posted yesterday on the first page, then, if something really doesn't look natural, make your suggestions but please, I'm not going to change the concept, only fix things to make her more realistic yet beautiful. What I've seen in The Ripper paintover (which surely helped me! Thanks again) was more about the size of the iris, specular and some more tweaks but she doesn't look beautiful as I want
    after looking at the paintover, i dont think its the pupil size that is at fault.
    it almost seems as if the eyeball is just inproperly constructed as its really
    lacking depth. particularly in the iris section. the other thing that looks
    weird about the eyes is that the iris is perfectly sharp ( not blurry enough
    around the outside of the iris. )

also you might want to make the sclera of the eyeball a tiny little bit of a
    hint of colour? on the sclera in the picture below you can see some hins of
    peach, pink, and even yellow.

the other thing is notice how in that picture on the outside part of the iris
    theres a highlight. you might want to paint a spec map with the iris fibers
    being white, but keep almost the rest of it black. this will give you nice
    uneven highlights. also make sure that the cornea sticks out just far
    enough so that theres some refraction to the iris below, so the eyeball
    looks like its got depth. thats a big one.

Member User Gallery

Hi Antropus,

I always love ur work and this one is one of them.I know at the end this is gonna be a amazing piece of arts.

I have always been a fan of your work. Just love they way u put all those little details in your work. For me u have always been like a teacher i learn a lot form ur work just wanna thank you for all your tutorials on the net and just hope to see more tutorials thanks again.

I had recently done a personal project in zbrush the main them aim was to learn zbrush.I had also posted it in your forum and thought would get some review form u but i guess u are very busy man.

Here is a link to cgtalk:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=362581.A fcousrce it is not even close to what u make but i am trying i hope i can have cool art works like u have.

Once again nice work krish looking forward for ur work.
    Last edited by cgguru; 06-17-06 at 09:45 PM.

Hi Kris
    Great work as usual. I've one question:

Did you use Light Emission in mentalrayIblShape?
    Last edited by Leshiy3d; 06-18-06 at 06:46 AM.

Default angle of view for modeling heads?

Kris, that head is absolutely bautiful.

Thanks for the screen shots of maya, it really help, i`m glad to see that a top Pro like your self is always open to help others...that`s great

I was wondering when you are modeling a head what angle of view (MAYA) or Field of view (softimage) do you use?....your screen shots of her in maya looks wonderful

-do you use an small number in the FOV to avoid distortion due to close angles when modeling a head?

-i ask this because of the diference that it will be from the perp. view on maya and the ortho view on zbrush..

thanks, i`m goin to be checking this thread... i wanr to see an animation of her.

Cheers

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast