Senior Member User Gallery

Post Rush-Fringed Pool

Just trying my hand at using the spray stroke in conjunction with alphas alongside other techniques for painting foliage and clouds.

All ZBrush. I had numerous occasions when ZList crashed the system while I was doing this - take my tip: save often! It usually worked at first, but after a while, and especially (but not exclusively) when scrolling large distances through the ZList palette slots, I got the old "illegal action" Z-death.

I like it FC These new brushes have opened all types of posibilities.

I haven't tried the new brushes, but they obviously produce good results.
    Dave
    "In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is, and you're what's left". - Ashleigh Brilliant

I never get tired of landscapes and water...I could see myself as a kid grabbing a piece of cardboard and sledding down that grassy hill.....

Very pretty FC. I really like the tree, looks like the spray stroke does a great job with it. I haven't had too much time to play with 1.5 yet, but I look forward to trying out all the new stuff

Some nice stuff, Mr.FC...I especially like the delicate and painterly approach you take to clouds...They are always subtle, and ephemeral...

I also like the fact that you did the reflection in the water a darker tone of sky...It suggests the expanse of sky above without having to paint it...

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Ron: careful at the bottom of that slide - don't want you getting wet! Though I guess from your leisure activities, you're probably used to that anyway.

SC: Thanks - I've always enjoyed doing skies, and believe me I've had plenty of opportunity to observe overcast skies like this (and darker) this summer!