ZBrushCentral

Beginning Intro training video

Well, its been awhile since I did a new video so here we go again… this time I will be doing several smaller videos.

This one starts out from the beginning so if you are totally new to Zbrush watch this video!
Topic is Zspheres

http://www.jasonwelsh.com/trainvideos/one.wmv

there is no video, only audio. I have tested with Windows Media player, Winamp, VLC (VLC can play like all formats)

strogg it works fine for me, i use media player classic with k-lites codec pack.

heres the codec incase you need it

http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Jason, Thank you for the tut, was nice. this is absolutely my first time experiencing zbrush… i lokked at it and played with it a couple of years ago. but im really tryin to learn something this time. I been looking around the site here and its hard to find a complete noob tut. yours is informative but the basic actions you were doing is what i need to learn first… is there a link or a place that explains what all the different tools do?

Thanks again. I cant wait to be familiar with the app enought to try to create my own rolly polly guy. oh… and ill make sure not to add a sphere once i start modifying . :slight_smile: lol

:+1: Very good intro tutorial, thanks. I am z beginer. I watched Glen Southern’s tutorials which are absolutely fantastic. If there are any more similar I would be thankful to know.
cannedmushrooms, is next tutorial coming? :laughing:

Tomas

Theres a couple new tutorials availale in the tutorial section of the forum if your intrested.

Glad everyone is finding them usefull;)

thanks alot, this really is helpful to a newbie. im interested in the rest of your tutorials that you mentioned about completing the head.

Using mac osx 10.4.7 with latest quicktime player. I’ve downloaded the techsmith codec but the video still has no picture only sound. Any suggestions.

Does anyone else have it working on a mac?

Not sure if your mac will play a WMV but thats the file type.
Anyone know?

I’m a PC user;)
sorry so long to respond

Yeah, mac can play wmv with the Flip for Mac plug, which I have installed, but it still won’t show anything but sound.

Just wanted to leave my [color=lime]thanks for you taking the time to help people like myself with your tutorials . Its so easy to watch the vidoes and forget to leave a thanks . Your work is very much appreiciated !:slight_smile: :+1:
cal

Thank you for the tutorial - it’s just the kind of basics I was looking for. Does anybody know if there are any more like this?

You can now find all my videos in one spot :wink:

easy too access and download

http://www.jasonwelsh.com/trainvideos/

I can’t seem to get them to play. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A codec link has been added to the 3d tutorials page
http://www.houseoftutorials.com/page2.html

look at the top of the page for “HERE”

I have downloaded the codec but the code I’m getting says that the file is corrupt. I have tried everything that I know and cant seem to get it to play.

when your on the site goto the video 1 button right click and save target as

Save it to your desktop.

When it is done right click on it and say open with windows media player

I downloaded the video just to check if it was ok;)
and it was, let me know if that works

corrupted file same problem
???
I want to see it so bad
Help
Matt

I wrote to Techsmith and this is the reply I received…

The EnSharpen codec is a codec that is used for the Quicktime .mov format. There is no way you could have a WMV file that uses the EnSharpen codec. WMV uses there own type of codec, usually not something that’s offered by a third-party company.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
AJ
TechSmith Support

EDIT, I have just had another reply back from techsmith and they are adamant that it is not possible to use the ensharpen codec with a wmv file.

The original file is a wmv file and the codec link is to ensharpen, so I was wondering if you have put the wrong codec link in perhaps?