ZBrushCentral

Modo 201 out in MAY

Now it’s official. Modo 201 will be released in May. However, no year was mentioned…

Time for ZBrush 2.5 I’d say ;-}

Lemo

HAHAHAHA!!!

Priceless. :smiley:

So when’s zbrush 2.5 going to be released?

There’s a 2.5?
Great!!!
When?

Looking forward to 201 wait isn’t it may allready :smiley:

in my opinion they didnt want to release after siggraph 2006 considering they promised to do it last year after siggraph.

shame is a bad thing…

I look forward to modo201. there makers are great. I hope they pull through, even if they dont release it in may. atleast there keeping people up to date on the progress and giving screen shots.

I wish pixologic would say something about 2.5 or 3.0. to brush people off is bull$*#!.

is anybody ranting and raving over 2.5 at another forum? id love to see what everyone else is saying about the delay and lack of communication from pixologic.

There is a raving mad 2.5 thread. But for me… I do not miss anything in ZBrush 2 right now but I am looking forward to some new toys. Unlike Modo where the 103 version is so broken that I simply refuse to work with that piece of ‘art’.

Amen!!!:+1:

… haven’t you heard?

Who ever holds Poser at the moment will be taking over MODO (no matter what version), just to break even with DAZ (that took Hexagon & Carrara - for those from another planet).
They share some things, as primarily the fact that they do not have a user base that is acustomed to any work with any mesh for what reason ever (most of them, anyhow - not counting the vendors that ARE acustomed).
Modo will be given for free for the first 24 people that will be there (if they’re from Europe), all others will get a bonus for the next 3 bugfixes - NO: upgrades, sorry.

Today we had 28°c in the sun, VERY hot for our region.

:rolleyes: Where are you rumours comming from I seriously doubt anyone will buy luxology

I’ll be buying it. the renderer is way better then zbrush and some of the other functions. I just hope it was able to model as well as zbrush. both have there pros and cons. luxology is the kind of company id back. to hell with the zbrush company. I’d feel bad for anyone that would use pixologic as a company to rely on. :td:

I don’t know… I never had a bad experience with Pixologic, what is the experience of yours which makes you condemn Pixologic so harshly Deity?
Lemo

Personally I see Modo and Zbrush as 2 completly different products so don’t understand why you are comparing the two :rolleyes:

From the video Z-Brush will integrate very well with Modo

I second that pixelsoul. I hope 201 is as useful as they present it to be. Till now I have not seen anything I can’t do with XSI and MR… But I am looking forward to the layer concept 3d painting without PM in 201. That and ZB together certainly will be a weapon of mass rendering.
Lemo

I will go out on a limb here and guess that he’s kidding. :smiley:

Wasn’t there also a reference towards an extremely hot day?:cool:
Lemo

But I am looking forward to the layer concept 3d painting without PM in 201.

You will still have to insure that your model is well within the viewing angle of your camera though. I would be very suprised to see if modo 201 projection painting will be anywhere near as resistant to distortion as Zbrush 2 is. Bodypaint sure as hell isn’t.

That’s a good point. I learned the Bodypaint bit the hard way… I was frustrated with PM Painting and then used Bodypaint for a job just to come back happily to ZB2… With Auricks tutorial the control was established anyways.

So let’s see and be surprised if the Lux functionality is really there or just mspaint for objects hahaha.
Lemo

i cheked luxology site for modo new features…its render is unbelivable…
but i dont know…it modo can create nimation !!?..

i love the ZBRUSH…
and i think the next version of Zbrush must have the Powerfull renderer…and support the image planes…and if possible…could export by .ma (and other 3d app) fil type…

becouse you know all have problem with displacement…(almost)

:small_orange_diamond: :warning: :+1:

:slight_smile: