Pixologic has released another video in our Learning Series.
Making tileable texture maps has been a staple of 3D artists for years. Traditional methods require 2D tricks that fake depth. Using ZBrush's unique Pixol technology you can create tileable images with exact depth information to increase your level of realism.
In this video, I show:
Included with the tutorial is a free ZScript called Layer Shift that will enable you to shift all layers on your canvas half the width or heigth of your canvas.
- Why tileable textures are useful
- An example of how they are used
- How to use the Clone brush in ZBrush
- How to use ZBrush's canvas as a modeling tool
- How to export the canvas as a texture, bump map and normal map
Free texture sources on the web:
Texture Libraries for sale
I hope you enjoy!